18.

"Emilee?" I asked walking in the front door of her condo with the two paintings.
"Bathroom!" I chuckled and set them on the table.
When she walked out she had damp hair and was dressed in jean shorts and a tank top.
"What's up?" She asked pulling a comb through her hair.
"I just came to hang out." I smiled. She looked at me unconvinced.
"Ok." She walked into the kitchen passing the table not even looking at it. I stood there for a moment till she walked backwards to the table and looked at them. "Where'd you get these?" She asked running her finger over the lettering.
"Found them. When you called me that day about the guy Ginny tried setting you up with I was in LA. I decided to go to the house and I found them hanging on the wall in your old studio." I walked over and starred down at them too.
"I thought I threw them away." She whispered.
"The new gardener found them and hung them up." I informed.
"You read the writing didn't you?" She whispered looking at me.
"I did. Is it true?" I asked looking at her.
"Yes. Your a better mother than my own." I half smiled at her.
"Well I would never hurt you like that. Now if we were wrestling than I can't guarantee that you won't have bruises." She chuckled and moved so she was hugging me. I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her close.
"I love you." She whispered.
"I love you too." I kissed the side of her head and pulled back. "What do you saw that we put these up somewhere?" I asked giggling. She nodded and grabbed the once one and went over to a wall in the living room and took down an empty frame putting that painting in its place. She smiled and walked over to above the fireplace. I handed the one in my hands to her and she placed it on the mantle leaning against the wall behind perfectly.
"There now I have something from my past to call this home." She took a step back just admiring the look. This kid who I thought I would have to always get after has grown up. I remember the first birthday we spent together. It was hers. The day after thanksgiving. Fred and I took her to see a movie and after we went to Taco Bell because she was in the mood for Mexican and it was the only one close by that was open so late.
"Do you ever think that things could have been different?" She asked pulling me out of my thoughts. I shook my head.
"I'm sorry what?" I asked. She sighed.
"Do you think that when we met and so on things could have been different?" She asked. I thought about it for a moment.
"It could have. But what's done is done. You can never erase it but you can always make yourself think it never happened. But then we would be forgetting a part of ourselves." She nodded.
"I'm hungry." She said out of the ordinary. I giggled.
"Taco Bell?" I asked teasing.
"Sure why not?" She shrugged and went to the front door slipping on a pair of sandals and grabbing her keys.
"I'll drive." She stared going out the door. I laughed and followed her to her big red Ford.
"I still can't believe you got this thing." I laughed getting in the passenger seat.
"Well at least I can get in with out looking like that." She pointed to me.
"Hey it's a tall truck!" I complained shutting the door.
"That's why there is a foot hold below the door and an oh shit handle by the door. Your supposed to lift yourself in not crawl in." She said backing out. I rolled my eyes.
"So how's it going with Jake?" I asked as we came to a stop light.
"Well when I got back to my house the other day I called him and explained what happened. And he is on his way back out here so he can give me a surprise." She said driving into the parking lot. She parked and got out walking to the door. But as soon as she opened the door a girl recognized us a pointed to us and her whole groups got up and came over asking for pictures and autographs.
I smiled with the pictures and signed phones, papers, and other things.
"Excuse us ladies but I am getting my daughter lunch!" I exclaimed pushing Emilee to the cashier. I saw the girls filming us and made a show of hip bumping Emilee who almost fell over but caught herself. She scowled at me but I moved my eyes from hers to the girls then back to hers. She got the hint and stood up. I thought she was going to hip bump me but she started tickling me. I doubled over trying to escape from her grip but she pulled me so she had both my hands, my arms crossed over my chest.
"Really?" I asked. The cashier walked up and took our orders. When we got our cups we walked over to the fountain. I put ice in my cup but then took one out and made it look like I was going to the other side of Em but I put the cube down the back of her top. She jumped and tried to shake it out but then lifted her shirt so it fell out. I smiled evilly.
"Really?" She asked checking for more. "That was cold!" She complained. I smirked before getting my drink. I placed the lid on and went to grab a straw when she dropped a cube or two the back of my shirt. I squealed from the sudden cold and jumped trying to shake it out.
They finally fell and I glared at Emilee. She laughed and took a sip of her drink.
"I don't think we need to get kicked out when we ordered our food." I stated sashaying over to a booth. She walked quickly over and slid into the seat across from me and looked at me weirdly. "Creeper." I laughed. She wiggled her eyes brows and had a pursed smirk dance across her lips.
"You taught me." She pointed out cocking her head.