41.

No one is ever 'safe'. It's just a feeling because anything can happen. Even when you think nothing worse can happen to you the world proves you wrong.
"How long did you think you would go with out me?" He asked pulling up a chair.
"Not long enough." I sighed.
"You know you're interesting. You keep coming back like nothing ever happens to you." I scoffed.
"And?" He raised a brow.
"I'm here to end you for sure this time." I smiled.
"Can you please wait till later? I would like to properly hug Lana." I pleaded. He took a deep breath.
"Fine. Don't know why I'm agreeing but fine." I half smiled sadly.
"Thank you." He looked confused.
"For what? Giving you a chance to say goodbye?" I shook my head.
"For helping me leave for sure. Aim for the head." I closed my eyes.
"I have a question. Why do you want to die?" I rolled my eyes.
"Because I don't belong here. My reasons are my reasons." I snapped.
"Fine fine. I'll be back." I nodded and watched him leave. I took a deep breath. When I knew he was gone for sure I got my phone out and called my close friend Macalah.
"You're awake." "Yes I am now I'm gonna need you to be under cover tonight after visiting hours." "Why what's going on?" "He's here and combing to kill me tonight." "Lucky for you I'm in the area." "Thank you."
I hung up and placed my phone back and laid there knowing I wouldn't be getting any sleep.
When mourning came not one minute after visiting hours opened my door opened and in walked Lana, my dad, and my husband.
"Emilee!" Jake cried and rushed to me and carefully hugged me. He kissed the side of my head and cried.
"Jake." My tears came. He said he was sorry ten times over. Every Time he was with me he apologized. I forgave him. When he pulled away he caressed my cheek and kissed my softly. I kissed back.
"Baby girl." My dad breathed. I smiled at him. Jake moved so my parents could hug me. Lana hugged me with the side of her face against mine. While my dad hugged both of us. When they pulled away the door opened again.
And in walked all three of my brothers. Jack hugged me tight as did Matt.
"Can I speak with Em please?" Patt asked. Everyone nodded and left. I didn't look at him to know he sat beside me.
"Get on with it." I growled making my throat hurt just a little.
"I'm sorry Emilee. If I knew what he was doing to you and how mom treated you I would have helped you." I scoffed and looked at him.
"You got me kicked out of the house. But then again you got me away from him. What even made you tell mom any way?" I asked harshly.
"I thought you two had been dating for awhile and you where scared to tell mom. But then I found out that she kissed you." He explained. My face didn't soften once.
"I would like to spend time with my family if you'll please leave." He nodded and got up and left. As soon as he was gone everyone rushed back in.
"How do you feel Em?" Jack asked sitting on the bed.
"I'm better." I have smiled. I looked to Lana to see her studying me. Shit she knew something was up.
"Guys Emilee has to use the bathroom can you guys leave for a moment?" Everyone nodded and left.
"Good thing you said something because they took the cathador last night after I walked around the room a couple times and man my bladder is full now." I joked sitting up. In honesty I did really have to pee.
"Fine let's get you to the bathroom." She came to my side and helped me stand and walk to the bathroom. "Do you need help in there?" I shook my head.
"If I do I'll holler." She nodded and let me walk into the bathroom.
When I came back out she helped me to the bed.
"Now tell me what's going on." She commanded sitting in front of me.
"Well Tyler paid me a visit. He's letting me say goodbye till tonight when he comes to kill me for sure this time." I explained as if it where nothing.
"Why the hell is he even out of jail? And how the fuck did he find you?" I shrugged.
"Don't worry-" she cut me off.
"No I'm going to worry because you're my daughter and he's threatening your life. I shoot him myself if I have to." She growled. I took a deep breath.
"I have someone coming to take care of him tonight." She looked confused.
"Ok but I'm not leaving the hospital until he is arrested again." I nodded and moved to hug her. As soon as her arms wrapped around my back I sobbed on her chest. She rubbed up and down soothing me. She kissed my head a couple of times and whispered soothing words.

I opened my eyes and I was wrapped in someone's arms that smelled familiar. I breathed in the scent again.  Vanilla. I must have fallen asleep on Lana because right now we where both sleeping on my hospital bed. I cracked my eyes open enough to see my dad and Jake watching us sleep as they talked softly among themselves. My brothers where sleeping in chairs.
"Your lucky to have Emilee." My dad whispered. I closed my eyes and just let them talk.
"Thank you. And again in sorry for making this happen."
"It was t your fault. She's as hard headed as Lana. Even though they might not be blood related you don't know how much she reminds me of her. You where trying to do a service for her."
"Thank you. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not married to both of them because Lana and her seem to cuddle a lot." I heard a soft chuckle from my dad.
"It appears so. But you shouldn't worry. Emilee is the daughter that Lana was never able to have of her own. They hold onto each other for dear life because they are afraid to be with out the other."
"They told you this?"
"No I can see it in their eyes when they look or talk of the the other."
"Oh. I wonder what clicked to make them hold onto each other this way."
"Well let me tell you this. Emilee hated Lana when she laid eyes on her. But Lana was some what patient. She didn't put up with crap and she made sure Emilee knew that. Even though Emilee pushed. Lana always pulled her back in. Even if it wasn't as close as mother and daughter. They always had a soft side of their relationship. But it wasn't rarely shown."
"Do you know when they started liking each other?"
"Indeed I do. Lana trapped Emilee in her trailer and forced her to talk to her."
"Wow. I see where Emilees hostility comes from."
"You have no idea."