36.

I sat on the hospital bed waiting for Frey to walk in.
"Ok I have your results back." When he shut the door he sighed.
"Your parents are worried sick and the hiatus is almost over so if you want to savage your career you'll need to go back in a month. Also your money for the job has been transferred into your account." He said pulling a chair up. I nodded.
"Thank you by the way." I looked at my hands.
"Don't thank me. I would do over again. Though I don't think your husband likes me." I chuckled.
"He's just jealous. I'm guessing Lana figured out you helped." He nodded.
"Yes she did but don't worry I think she understands. Now if there is nothing else I need to get back to Vancouver. Special cancer patient." He winked. I nodded and slipped off the bed and gave him a slight hug.
I left and went out to my car. I had to drive about an hour and a half to a city called Rapid to meet up with him. But it was worth it. I drove back to Custer passing a monument that is almost finished. It's called Crazy Horse. I went through the museum and let me just tell you it's spectacular. I have also had the pleasure of walking around Mt. Rushmore.
I drove into town going down the road that went down the middle of the town passing the middle school. When I came to the elementary corner I turned left and drove for two blocks. When I came to the corner I turned left and then left again pulling into my drive way. I'm staying in a friends getaway house. You walk through the back door and your in a small mid room. Walk father and on the left is a den like place on the right is a kitchen. Walk forward through the way is a big living room to your right is a play room with a chalk board. On the other side of the play room is a hallway the leads to a bathroom and the master bedroom. Along with the stairs that go to the unfinished basement that is used for storage. Go back out to the play room to your left is a hallway that leads to the front door and the stairs to go up stairs.
Upstairs to your left is a room along with I front of you. To your right there is a walk space that leads to another room and to the bathroom.
I walked over to the master room and changed into running clothes. I plugged in my wireless head phones and strapped on my Apple Watch and turned on music.
I ran to Main Street and ran to the best pie place I have ever been to. The purple pie place.
I walked in and spotted my favorite worker here. Her name was Thia(Th-ee-a) she waved when she spotted me.
"Hey Em what can I get you?" She asked with a chipper smile.
"Oh I think today I'll just have a small slice of cherry." She smiled and went to work getting me a slice. She placed it in a togo container and handed it to me. I handed her a five. "Keep the change and say hi to your mom for me." I winked. She smiled. I grabbed a fork and went out the door. I walked down the road till I came to a small park and sat down at a bench and started eating.
When I finished I started to run down the road aimlessly.
I turned a corner and saw a van. But before I could make my feet do what I want I was hit upside the head and pushed into the van. They didn't bother to tie me up but they bound me with their hands. I was slipping out of consciousness so it was hard to tell what was happening.

When I came to I was sitting in a chair with my hand bound behind my back my legs tied to the chair along with my hips. I groaned and picked up my head squinting at the light. To my right was a table that held ten dollars my watch and head phones. I looked to my left to see a scruffy man watching me. To say the least he had attractive features but the way he was watching me made me want to hurl.
"Hello." I didn't reply just rolled my eyes. "Not going to talk? Well you don't need to already sent out your ransom." That made me laugh.
"You- you think you'll get anything for me? Your so stupid." I laughed throwing my head back. His face twitched into a smile.
"Oh I know I'll get something for you Emilee." I raised a brow.
"It's Ms. Deblasio to you don't forget that." I snapped. He chuckled.
"You got spirit but let's see if I can't tamper that." He stood and smacked me hard across the face. I just laughed. I'll let him have that hit but I've already turned my pain off.
"Try." Was all I said before he slapped me again the other way. I laughed each time he hit me. I knew my face was bruising but I didn't care.
"Why the hell are you laughing?" He shouted loosing his temper.
"Because I know you can't do anything else to me." I taunted. He started to undo his pants. "Don't bother. If your looking for a ransom you won't do much damage. Because we both know that if you leave your DNA inside of me you have no way of getting it all the way out. Plus if you shoot me no money even though it's not coming. The bullet will leave your mark and if you try to remove the bullet you'll do something that'll make it more obvious that you did it." He smirked.
"Stupid woman." I shook my head.
"Not stupid. Insane maybe but not stupid. By the way if you plan to drug me may I suggest an epidural. Those might do something." I liked my bottom lip tasting the iron of blood.
"Well I guess I'll just have to curse you with a child then." I swear I laughed so hard my gut started hurting.
"Why the hell is she busting a gut in there? Are you becoming a comedian?" A voice yelled from the other room.
"No she's crazy!" He shouted.
"Yes I am! And proud of it! You know I tried to be normal for five minutes once. Worst five minutes of my life. This is nothing compared to that five minutes." He looked at me confused.
"Why did you laugh when I said I was giving you a child?" I shrugged.
"Probably because I'm barren." I rolled my eyes at him.
"Why the hell are you having a conversation with her?" I turned my head slightly to see another man that looked identical to the other except was freshly shaved. Same tattoo on the shoulder.
"Are you even listening what's happening Brent?" He growled.
"I'll fill you in. He thinks that you'll get money out of me but you won't. Partially because I won't allow it and no one will pay for me anyway. Do you want to know why? Because if they paid they'd be telling everyone else that they can get easy money. But if you wish to kill me you'll be doing everyone a favor including me." I mumbled.
"Why do you want to die?" The first asked.
"Why should I tell you?" I spit. He shrugged. God these two where so dumb. I know how to undo a square not. But I left the rope tied because at the moment I didn't have an escape plan.
"I'm tired of this shit in going to the store to get more food." The first said. Leaving Brent with me.
"Tell me this. Where you stupid enough to keep me in Custer or did you move me to another town?" He chuckled and slapped me again.