Chapter 2- Empty

Chapter 2- Empty

Some people say, that rejection hurts more than anything. Some say it kills the soul. Either way, it killed me both on the inside and outside, whether I liked it or not. All that I can hear was the whimpering of my own wolf, the picture of her laying on the ground, her eyes closed with her head on top of her paws.

Saying to people 'I'm fine' or 'Its nothing' made me hurt more. It made my brain alarmed, that while they lived a great and happy life, here I am, crying over being rejected. Alone and broken.

The whole day went fast, (in a blur more like it) my mate, no-where to be found. The faces and smiles, the talks and gossips passing through one ear and making no attempt to process through my own mind. Before I know it, here I am, in period six, my books rested on my table as I stare off in to the distance.

"Hey Rose!" A chirpy voice exclaimed from my right side, my head not bothered to turn and look at who it was. Though, a poke made me break out of my reverie and snap towards the person, known as my best-friend. James Perez, Connor's brother (The theory that might be true). "What's wrong? You look... Dead" He stated, setting his books down on the table next to mine, due to our 'seating plan'. Holding in the urge to roll my eyes at his statement, I sent him a poker face before going back in to Dream Land.

"I'm fine, James." Lie. Though, lying to my own best-friend didn't work. I had to give it a try. Turning my head away from him, I stared at the trees, showing through the side windows. The sunshine hitting each branch with light and heat, squirrels climbing towards the top branches, chasing each other happily. A sigh was given, before a pain of arms wrapped themselves around my shoulders.

"Its okay, you don't have to lie to me Rose, I know you too long, for me to let you go that easily," He uttered. His words made a smile appear on my lips before hugging him back, as close as yesterday. Though, no one spoke, it made me feel appreciated to have a friend like him.

"So, will you tell me or not?" He questioned, untangling himself from me, giving me a stern look. Clearly telling me, he won't be letting this topic go easily. Knowing James, I gathered up all of my strength before filling him in. A few moments later, he sat there staring at me.

"What? Is there anything on my face? What?"

Silence.

"Hello? Look, James, I know my face is gorgeous and all but please stop staring its making me insecure!" I bellowed, smirking at his surprised yet composed face. He shook his head before chuckling, while bumping my shoulder with his own.

* * *

"Oh my gosh! Did you hear? Rachel Quinn and Connor Perez? The new couple! Girl, that man is a hottie! Ugh! I will die, If I ever see him!" A cheerleader behind me, gossiped.

"I know right! Me too! I also heard hes un-mated!" A squeal followed after her finished sentence, as the girl next to here gossiped back. Flipping her hair while crossing her leg over the other, making me roll my eyes. The hurt and rejection came back in mind, my ears doing their own thing. Blocking the teachers voice as she blabbed about the subject. Half of the class dying from boredom.

He was mated to me.

How could he lie to everyone, like that?

Before my thoughts could continue on any further, the classroom door burst open. My heart beating at a fast tempo, my eyes concentrating on the door, before it revealed...

Another student. A late student, to be precise.

I didn't even realize that I had been been holding in a deep breath, until I let it out. My widened eyes, filling with relief as I once again concentrated on the teacher. Despite that, just before the class door could close, a peach-coloured hand stopped it. Opening wider, than before.

"I'm sorry miss, uhm... Me and rach-" There he stood. With another girl in his arms, his eyes scanning the whole classroom. The girls behind me, squealing, again. His eyes landed on mine, the pain coming back. Making me feel hollow. Being un-able to bear the pain, I turned away, facing the teacher.

"Mr Perez, this may be your first day but I have no problem on giving you a straight detention!" Our teacher roared, though, his eyes were fixated on me, he glanced at the teacher with a nod before dragging Miss Polley Pocket to the back of the class. Making me sink in my seat, as I felt his stare at my back.

--CONNOR POV--

I stared at my beautiful other half or known as a mate. I watched amused at her behaviour as she began to slowly sink in her chair, her attitude amusing me. "Hello?! Connor! Are you even listening!" An annoying voice screeched beside me. My attention then turned towards Rachel with a bored look. Not bothering to listen to her 'plan'.

"Um, no" I answered, making her angrier. Her face changing to orange, as she shook in her seat. I guess the true colour of her skin and her fake tan made her skin change. The thought, making me laugh, drawing her attention again.

Her skinny and bony arms crossed over her chest. Her lips pursed, making her look uglier. Yeah, uglier. To be honest, I didn't even have a choice in this 'relationship' that we are sharing. Totally unfair.

"Rachel, please remind me why I agreed to this?" I asked her in a hushed tone. She turned and gave me a wink, before answering. "You didn't" With that, she turned back and faced the teacher, not once acknowledging me.

Shrugging my shoulders, I continued to stare at Rose forgetting what had happened before.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! SO.. THIS IS MY UPDATED OR EDITED VERSION OF CHAPTER 2!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! :D Lawl, anyways guys! Keep reading for the next edit! :)

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

~Belle<3