Chapter 40- The Message

Rose stared at her mother- a sense of fear and worry covering her body. Its thick cloak seemed to have fallen off the moment Connor wrapped his arm around her waist. His arm seemed to have calmed her feelings or at-least saved her from breaking down. Rose was desperate on wanting to help her mother- I really did. Only I didn’t know how.

Ring.

Ring.

Connor’s phone chose the wrong time to ring. Rose turned towards him, her left arm under her right elbow, as her right arm dropped slightly from her chin.Rose watched as he excused himself, taking out his phone before opening the door and walking. Though, Rose missed his warmth and just him in general- She knew I could last for a while.

At-least I’ll have my time with her.

Rose thought.

“What do you mean?”

Connor’s voice boomed, making Rose jump in her seat as he went silent for a few seconds.

“But- wait, how did they find us? Is anyone hurt? Okay, we’ll be there soon... Yeah, yeah sure. Hold on there- Bye”

He finished. He quietly moved back in to the room. Standing near the door before finally speaking.

“We’ve got to head back to the pack house” He spoke.

“They’ve found us” he continued. Well that answers it all (sarcasm).

“Who’s ‘they’?” Rose ask, turning around to face him.

“Hunters and rogues”

* * *

“What’s going on?”  Scarlett asked, as she attempted to mask her voice with confidence only to have it break out in to worry and confusion. Her eyes trained on Connor and Rose, as they hurried in to their room, to deliver them the tragic and horrific news.

“We’ve been attacked”

Silence, surrounded all of us before Cameron decided to speak.

“What are we doing here? Let’s go!” He exclaimed logically, snapping everyone out of their small daydream.

With that, Rose kissed her father’s forehead before walking out. Connor patiently waited for me, which she have to admit, was very sweet of him.

That’s all you’re thinking about? The fact that Connor is ‘sweetly’ waiting for you? While your pack is suffering?  Rose's  wolf questioned, giving a harsh snarl at the end.

Shaking her head,she followed after everyone, jogging towards a highway, near the woods. Good- an escape. Looking from every direction, she nodded to everyone giving them a mental message that it was safe for all of them to shift.

They turned towards the shadowing woods before shifting in to their wolves. Each of them, coloured differently than any regular wolf. Their fur stood out, our colours were strong and vibrant.

This is it. The close ending.

Rose repeatedly thought, while they ran from the hospital. They were close, they knew it. They could hear the sound of cries and screams. It wasn’t until they came in to view of everything that they all had realised how bad everything was.

Some children crying over their dead parents. Yet, one by one were getting shot at or just attacked by rogues or hunters. The grounds were full of blood. Heck, it even splattered on trees.