Chapter 3- The Big Surprise

As class continued, I had tried to ignore the hard stare of... him. Every now and then, I would fidget or twitch due to his stare. I hated the fact, that I seemed so vulnerable just because of a damn boy. Thank to the fates, I'm stuck with Connor. For the first time in one day and something minutes, I, Rose Carter, have said his name.

'But that doesn't change the fact, that he hurt us. Well, more like rejected', My wolf stated. Just like that, the hurt and rejection came back. Almost knocking the wind out of me and almost making me faint. Yeah, I'm that dramatic. Now for all of y'all, who don't know what a 'mate' is, please sit down and grab some popcorn, cause this... will take a while. Known to werewolf kind, we have things such as mates. Or soul-mates. To put it in simple words, it's basically like Love at first sight, as humans say it. Though, that, is usually the truth. When you meet your mate (in my case, Connor) you instantly feel a pull or connection towards them, that ties an invisible string to both you and your inner wolf.

Depending on your mate, you can either be accepted or rejected. Acceptance is feeling like having a great grade in a certain test of some sort. Or feeling like you, have come alive inside. Wakening your wolf and yourself in different stages, that can't be described.

Rejection, however, is a total different story. It can end in a happy ending, or a tragic love-story. Which we all know, how mine has already started. I might not know what will happen, but I'm pretty sure, it must be good yet bad, at the same time.

"Rose! Rose! ROSE!" A deep voice disrupted my thoughts, as a poke followed, not too long after. Making a growl escape my lips before I can stop it. Glancing up, I noticed it was James, who stood, poking me. With an amused smile, itching to crawl up onto his lips.

"What James?" I asked, standing up, packing up all my books and pens. Grabbing my bag, I made my way to the exit but not before hearing James mutter- "Girls nowadays". Making a chuckle erupt from my chest, my plaited hair falling off of my shoulder.

"As I said, did you hear? The girls this year are-" I blocked off his ideas on what he was gonna do on all his... toys. Much to my despair, there, at the other end of the hallway, as me and James came out, Connor stood, with his head lowered. One leg balancing on the wall, his hands deep in his pockets as he didn't see the commotion he made to my heart.

Gee thanks for that.

Once you looked around, you could see young and old higschooler's, mostly consisted of girls, gossiping and pointing at my mate. Making jealousy boil within me, yet somehow I managed to keep it on a low.

"And so, I was like, 'little girl go-" James continued to rant about some girl he hooked up with, me being the best friend I was, I slapped the back of his head. Making a groan escape from his smirking lips, as he held his head, in his hands. Sending the world's cutest pout, making me laugh.

This small laugh soon turned into a full of loud laugh, catching attention from everyone, including my sexy-ass mate.

"You bully!" James whined, before turning around and leaving me there, with arms crossed against his chest, making me laugh harder. My body lowering to the floor, slowly, slowly before finally being able to stop for only a while, I stood up, composing myself.

Giggles uncontrollably leaving my mouth as I stalked James, towards the lockers. Oh, James.

--CONNOR POV--

I stared at my beautiful mate, from across the hallway, lifting my head due to the crowds surrounding the halls. Guilt and sadness, broke from their shell and chased me, making my words echo in my mind, unable to let go the sadness radiating from her gorgeous body. Why did I reject her? though, I didn't complete the entire rejection, I couldn't bring myself to do so.

No matter how much I resist her and her wolf, I just can't. She, is everything I need, want even. But what can I do now? Its too late to change anything. The past is the past, letting me drown in my sorrows, I didn't even hear her booming laughter echo around the halls, catching a few guys' attention, including mine.

Her laugh, made a smile creep on to my lips and grin like a mad-man, unable to control my feelings, I let a grin slip on to my face. Seeing her drop to the ground laughing. Curious as to why she laughed, I continued to watch, as she walked in the direction of the lockers, near the cafeteria. My stomach growling at the thought of food, reminding me that I was unable to eat this morning.

I walked past groups of girls gossiping about me, pointing and sending flirty comments, though, I replied nothing to any of them. I was engrossed at the thought of my mate, I didn't even noticed Rachel standing in-front of me, her hands on her hips.

"What are you doing?" She spat, giving me a death glare. She may be my 'girlfriend' but has she forgotten who I was? No one disrespects their Beta nor Alpha. I may be an Alpha but no one disrespects me.

I growled at her disrespect before walking past her, my shoulders brushing hers. Hoping not to be disturbed, I continued walking before hearing her voice echo in the now empty hallways.

"You can't take her back, you know? She's already moving on with that bestfriend of hers... What was his name again? John? Jerry? James? James! That's his name but oh, wait, isn't he your brother?" She asked, snapping back to turn to her, I growled at her. How dare she challenge my patience! How dare she bring my own brother in to this mess!

I may have made a few mistakes as an Alpha but those decisions are personal. "Oh, Connor, if only you knew... tsk tsk tsk" She replied, her words moving like a snake hissing at its prey. "Look, Rachel, I want to stop this! I want her! I have been wanting for my mate for a whole year now, I have lost most of my family and I. Will. Not. Lose. Her!" I exclaimed, venom laced in my words. as each word brought pain back into my chest. I began to turn my heels and walk in the direction of the cafeteria, not giving my so called 'girlfriend' a second look.

Anger lingering in my chest as I thought to myself-

'I never had a choice in anything, until now. Yet I chose to protect my mate, not wanting to lose her in real life. Not that I haven't already lost her.'

________________________________

HEY GUYS! SOOOOO.... this is the edited version of chapter 3! :) Yipee! :D LAWL. Anyways.. HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

~Belle<3