Chapter 35 Her Identity

(Oh' man' my head hurts , like heck....)

When he opened his eyes , he woke up staring at the ceiling of some room , the only light coming in is the sunlight peeking at the close curtains window..

"Oh' you finally wake up , onichan.."

Still a bit woozy head still in pain he pans his head at the right side of the bed his lying in , he was greeted by a little girl grinning at him..

"H-hi...who , are you where am i ?"

"I'm Aki 7 years old i'm your little sister , since onichan is oneechan's boyfriend.."

 then she run to the door close it and he hears she's calling for someone..

still out feeling drained he muttered "What kind of twisted place , i'm in now ?"

Moments later the door opened and the lights were switch on , blinded temporarily by the change of light as his eyes adjust he saw a middle age man wearing an eye glasses , sweater over long sleeve polo shirt a khaki pants and he notice a stethoscope around her neck  approach him..

"How are you feeling , i apologize about Aki she's a bit excited meeting you.."

"Yeah i stayed the whole morning taking care of onichan!"

(excited ? onichan ? where the hell am i ?)"Forgive me , but who are you people.."

"Oh i'm sorry about that I'm Doctor Keisuke Kiritani and this is my daughter Aki..."

"I found you unconscious lying around the vacant on what used to be where my old friends house used to stand , you're burning up with fever so i took you here in my home.."

"Kiritani.....?" suddenly his tummy crawls..

"Onichan is hungry !"

"I know you have a lot of questions , let's talk after you eat..."

They share a bit of feast Dr.Kiritani prepared for minamino , as he notice the Doctors closeness to his daughter as if his taking care of her alone , the house is spotless since the doctor also uses this as his temporary clinic..

After that minamino felt a bit better he's fever goes down , feel a bit rested he sat in a sofa on the living room watching the doctors daughter playing by herself...the good doctor sat in front of him..

"So..i'm guessing you'd be Minamino ?"

"H-how do you know my name ?

"I couldn't believe it at first when she told me you'd drop by one of these days but here you are , you did  dropped by huh..." looking at him anticipating minamino would get one of his dad jokes...

"Boooo papa , don't tell onichan about you're silly jokes.." then continues playing with her dolls as if she only said that so he's dad would stop with his terrible jokes..

"Hahahaha....ha....can you believe she's only seven ?" as he laughs embarrassingly ..

"Who's she ? i'm sorry but i don't understand..."

"Oh she hasn't tell you everything yet ? , then how'd you know ..why are you here ?!"

"Huh ?"

Both of them wondered in silence confused and lost they both look at each other , dumbfounded and seems to be waiting for each others response... 

"I apologize , well this is embarrassing , i'm sorry about this it seems that we started on the wrong foot ,...get it the wrong foot ? , because uh...i'm sorry i'm going to stop now..."

"You where at the abandoned lot because you're looking for Yuu's mother , correct ?"

"Exactly, but how did you know ?"

"Because Yuu's mother told me you'd come looking for her someday.she's a lot closer than you think.."

"You know Yuu's mom' who is she , where is she and what do you mean by a lot closer ?!"

"Recently someone applied at her studio to be her support manager , right ?"

"You mean that ...Kosaka Kiritani is Yuu's mother !!" shocked by this revelation minamino sat back his seat and ponders a little ( so that's the feeling i get from her , she's her mother but why did she kept it a secret from her..)

"Yes...w-wait Kosaka Kiritani ? Not Mimiko Kohara ?

"Yes, that's her name..." (Oh so Mimiko Kohara is her real name..)

"Oh that makes me a bit happy she's using my family name to disguise herself..." the doctor draws a huge smile on his face..

"What do you mean you're her husband right ?"

"Huh !? , oh no , no, no i wish i was but unfortunately i'm not...you see , i met her 9 years ago.."

"Me and my wife was driving along a provincial road when i notice someone lying on a pool of blood , i don't exactly know what happen , but she's in the brink of death when i bring her to the hospital , she was on a coma for 5 years , when she woke up she have lost all her memories , my wife died after that due to complication from birth , my wife ask me to promise her to take care of her and my daughter , and so i did , i help her get back on her feet , we've been close but she only see me as a friend and i respect that."

"Then a few months ago , when she was cleaning the house , Aki was running through the stairs back and forth when Aki slips she instinctively caught Aki they both fall on the stairs Aki was fine but Mimiko she knock her head through some steps she got 5 stitches from that , when she woke up , that accident probably jolt some memories back she remembers Yomiko , she remembers only the part that she abandoned her at the orphanage..."

"When she remembers that, she rushes back to the orphanage ,but when she came back she was in pain she cried for days after that , i don't know what happen , she might have her reasons..

Minamino ponders..and made some assumptions on what may have happen..

(that's probably when , the head mistress showed her all her letters and the one Yomiko teared to apart..)

"That's probably why she applied for that position , so she could watch her closely and take care of her.."

"That might be it..." the doctor seems to be troubled and in deep thought...

"By the way doc' how long i was out ?"

"Hmn ? two day..."

"TWO DAYS !!"

"Well you were in pretty bad shape , you're  really burning up when i found you.."

Then he remembers...

"I haven't contact them in 4 days !? (Yomiko's gonna kill me..) Hey doc' do you have a phone ?!"

"Well , yeah...but.."

He rushes towards it but.....

"No dial tone......"

"Well , the telephone company in this area is having a maintenance , for a on call doctor it's bad for business you know.."

"Cellphone ?! , how about you're cellular phone doc !?"

"Well , uh....." when the doctor showed it to him he instantly grabbed it , but...

"No Signal......."

"Receptions really bad here , i only use that to play games , hehehe..."

He drops on his knees and contemplates on his despair.....

  "The're going to murder me...."