1.5: There will be Changes

Seunghee fell asleep after playing with Max. Two hours already passed but no S.coups came to fetch you so you considered calling him. You were about to dial his number when you realized he must still be talking with Seungmin so you just put your phone back on the coffee table and sighed.

"Noona," Max suddenly called you. You thought he's sleeping already so you were a little startled.
"Wae?"
"You should sleep too. You look so worried. Get some rest. He's just your boss."

You don't know why but tears started flowing down your cheeks. Max got alarmed and ran to you. He wiped your cheeks and apologized.

"Sorry. Sorry. I...I don't know why you're crying but I'm sorry. Really. Please don't cry."
"No. No. Don't worry. I'm fine. I just...you know he's not just my boss for me."

You tried blinking the tears away but more came. Max hugged you burying your face into his chest.

"Yah, noona. Why are you crying over that guy? When I debut, I'll make sure my fans won't cry just because they're just my fans." You bit your lower lip and hit his chest.
"Yah! You stupid kid! You know you're just making me feel worse!" He laughed at you as he ran his fingers through your hair.
"I know. I'm sorry. But you know accepting the truth makes it hurt less."

You just hate him for being so honest but at the same time you're glad he's here to at least hug you. Your phone suddenly rang. You immediately reached for it and answered the call.

"Y/N-ah, sorry for not calling earlier. I'm riding a taxi now but can you tell me where that place is? I don't know where to fetch you." You smiled after hearing his voice.

You wiped your tears away as you told him Max's address. Max just looked at you the whole time thinking how unlucky he is for not being S.coups.

"Ok. I got it. I'm on my way. Just wait for me. I'm coming, Y/N-ah!"
"Ok. Take care, S.coupstas tu!"
"I will for you, beautiful!"

He ended the call. You stared at your phone while smiling for a while. Then you looked at Max who looks so pissed off.

"Beautiful? That's it? That's all he knows. I know better than him! I say you're gorgeous!" He complained talking about Seungcheol's English proficiency
"Max, he's not raised in Canada like you. Ofcourse you know more." You ruffled his hair and stood up. "So, we have to leave soon. Take care, Max."
"I hate you." Your eyes widened. You thought you heard it wrong.
"What did you say?"
"I said I hate you! Just leave. Make sure you close the door. I'm going to sleep now." He said before going in his room.

You're really shocked with his actions. You don't know why he's acting like that. Maybe he's just too tired. Maybe he's a little nervous about their debut. Your thoughts disappeared when S.coups called you again and told you he's already downstairs.