4.9: Someone New

"Noona, where are your gifts?" Max asked you as he entered your apartment.
"They're here in the kitchen." You said and led him there.

Food containers filled with different dishes of different variaties cover the counter tops. You didn't sleep to prepare and cook them all. You hope the boys would love these especially Mingyu.

"Wow! You cooked a lot, noona! You cooked these all by yourself?! You should have asked for my help. I'm not very busy." He asked you as he helped you pack them.
"I'm feeding 13 men you know. And, I think it's better I didn't ask for your help. We both know you can cook but..."
"Fine! Fine! Yeah. I'm not good at it! I know. Hey. Can I turn on the tv? Our leader is having a cameo appearance in a drama. He said it starts airing at 7. It's 7:08 now." He asked you.
"Yeah. Sure. I'll follow after you put these last 5 containers in the box." You told him.

You smiled as you finished putting everything else in the boxes. You can imagine how happy Mingyu would be to see them and how excited Chan would be when he sees the container you filled with bulgogi just for him. You accompanied Max in the living room after.

"Do you even watch tv, noona?"
"No. I still don't understand Korean. Well, I understand a few sentences. I do watch tv when they speak in English." You said as you handed him a bag of chips which he gladly took.
"I see. I can be your translator for now so you can still watch. I'm your virtual subtitle machine!" He said with exaggerated hand gestures.
"You're crazy. Do whatever you want."

You continued watching the tv side by side. You don't know what you're waiting for. Maybe you just want to enjoy this moment first before delivering your gifts.

Max's leader only appeared for 5 seconds which made him furious especially because he appeared at the ending. You laughed at how childish he still is as he complained about watching a "weird" drama just to watch his leader walk in a few seconds. You continued laughing as he started telling stories his leader's walk and how it could possibly be the reason why he was there to "just walk". Suddenly, you noticed Seungcheol's pic is on the screen. Max looked at the tv too.

"You're my virtual subtitle machine, right?" You asked him as a picture of a couple enjoying a walk with faces hidden behind face masks is flashed on screen.
"Noona, this machine isn't programmed for bad news. Let's just turn off the tv." He said as he stood to unplug it.
You immediately pulled him back. "No. Tell me what it is all about. Please, Max. I want to know."
"I don't want seeing you cry, noona."
"I won't cry. Just tell me. Now."
"Fine. 'Just last night, right before his birthday, pictures of Seventeen leader S.coups enjoying a date started circulating around again and this time, he's with another girl. A few months, the controversial leader was spotted by fans in an arcade enjoying a date after lying about his health. Now, fans are celebrating unlike before. They say the new girl seems to be a member of'...noona, are you okay?" He translated the news and immediately stopped when he noticed your lonely face.
"Yeah. I guess. Well, that's life. I don't expect him to not date anyone else you know. He's a handsome guy, a very lovable one. Let's go deliver my gifts!" You told him as you stood up and grabbed the boxes.

You kept smiling at him to hide your sadness. So he has found someone else. Ofcourse he'll find someone better. You're just a piece of junk who wished you could be his true love. Such an illusionist you are. Max looked at you worriedly as you both headed to the company building.

"Are you sure about this? Noona, I know you want to greet him personally and hug him tight. And, you can." He told you when you finished setting everything up in the practice room with the help of some staffs.
"Yeah. I'll just disguise as one of the staffs. I don't want him to notice I'm here. He's happier now. With someone else." You told him smiling.
"Ugh! Noona, you don't deserve this." He said as he hugged you.
"I chose this, Max. Come on. They say the boys are coming. I need to disguise myself now."
"Noona...my feelings for you hasn't changed. You can just learn to love me instead of suffering from loving him." He said and you pulled away from the hug.
"Max, my heart and my brain are two different things. You can teach my brain but not my heart. Love is something you feel, not something you can just teach." You told him with a smile.

He's with someone else. He's happy with someone else. And maybe you're happy to see him happy even if his happiness is not because of you anymore.