11

I woke up on a perfect Sunday afternoon to the smell of pancakes. There was a sticky note on my table and I took it.

Had to leave because mom was looking for me, ill talk to you later! – Jungkook

I smiled at it and threw it in the bin, making my way downstairs. My mom was cooking and I hugged her from the back. "Good morning, mom."

"Morning, honey."

"Pancakes, huh?"

"Yes." She sadly smiled, turning around. "Let's finish up so we can go."

"Alright." I mumbled.

My dad woke up and we all ate our pancakes before changing into more suitable clothes. We got in my dad's car and he drove off. It took us thirty minutes to reach the cemetery. I looked out the window and smiled sadly.

We left the car and made our ways down the very familiar path. We stopped in front of the very familiar tombstone with the very familiar writing.

Jung Jinhwan,

1996-2014,

A great brother and son.

"Hey, big brother." My voice cracked. My mom wrapped her arm around my shoulder as my tears started falling even though it's barely been two minutes. "It's getting cold around here, isn't it? I bet you're freezing." I looked down.

"Hi son." My dad started. "We all miss you, you know. How's it going?" He tried making the atmosphere light but it didn't work. I saw the tears that were threatening to fall from my father's eyes and it hurt to see him like that since he's always so cheerful.

"That leaves the end to me." My mom started. "Oh Jinhwan, you don't know how much I miss you, my boy." She broke down. My dad hugged her and I looked at the tombstone, wishing this never existed. Wishing he was here again. Wishing he was never gone. I wanted my older brother back and I wanted him back now.

"I miss you, Jinhwan." I said. "I miss you so damn much. This is not fair. Why do all the good people have to go?! Why do I have to lose you?! Why?!" I cried. My dad put an arm around me and rubbed my back. "I can't live without your annoying self, Jinhwan. I always go to sleep thinking you're gonna wake me up by jumping on the bed just like the old times. But I wake up to nobody. I miss you so much." I wiped my tears. My heart hurts.

We stayed there for a little more time before we had to leave since they were closing the gates. I sat in the back seat and silently cried, wishing for my older brother to be by my side.

"I am so not ready for school." Jungkook groaned.

"Neither am I." I whined.

"You guys look rather lovely today." A voice said.

"I will punch you." I told Jimin.

"What got stuck up your ass?" Yoongi asked, walking by us.

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Jimin asked.

"You guys, just please. Stop talking, will you?"

"Is it your man period?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Dude, you did not just ask that." Yoongi mumbled.

"What? What's wrong with asking-" He didn't get to finish his sentence because Jungkook slapped him.

"That's what you get for being nosy."

"I wasn't being nosy." Jimin mumbled, rubbing his cheek. "Plus, that hurt! I can't hit you either because you're too cute so that's unfair!"

"Do you want another slap?" I asked. He just shook his head. "Good."

We walked to our classes and I ended up being with Jimin. Great. "Hey Hoseok,"

"If you don't shut up, I will shove that can of soda so far up your ass that you'll be dripping coke from your mouth."

"Get a little bit more disturbing, will you? Please please, more details because I'm so interested in knowing what you can do with a pair of innocent little hands- Don't look at me like that. Or like that. Or like that either! You know what? Look away, Medusa Jr. I don't want to get turned into stone because of your anger towards me." He walked away and sat at the back of the class.

He seemed to have learned his lesson. Good boy. I decided to sit next to him. He slightly smiled and turned to the front when the teacher entered.

"Your friend's boyfriend was nice that day." I told Yoongi. "Jin, was it?"

"Yes." He nodded. "He's the nicest out of his past boyfriends thus he's a keeper."

"You guys really grew up together?" I asked.

"Yeah, we were friends since the diaper days."

"What about me?" Jimin frowned.

"You were there too, idiot." Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Good because you are my baby, baby." Jimin smirked.

"Is this your way of coming out? Because it's failing." I said.

"I'm straight."

"Yeah and I'm Beyoncé." I rolled my eyes.

"Straighter than the pole your mother dances on." He laughed.

"I don't think such curved poles exist, Park." Yoongi laughed at what I said. "Yoongi?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did Namjoon look at me in a different way when I told him my name?" I asked. I sensed Yoongi stiffen and Jimin turned to look away. "Yoongi."

"I can't read minds, princess." Yoongi said.

"Yeah but you grew up together so I think you should know damn well what he was thinking."

"I'm still a basic human. Anyways, why are you so curious?"

"Because I am." I shrugged. "Wouldn't you be curious if someone tensed at your name?"

"I would."

"There you go."

"Well, you could go ask him yourself because I know nothing."

"Fine. Give me his number."

"Damn, you're that determined to know?" Jimin asked, chuckling.

"Yes, I am." I said. Yoongi sent me his number and I saved it. "I will be speaking to him later."

"You sound like a disappointed father." Jimin said.

"Maybe I am one." I shrugged.

"Okay daddy, can we go to the cafeteria now? I'm hungry." He laughed.

"Let's go." I said, pulling both Yoongi and Jimin with me.

--
damn daddy