29

"Jimin's parents are coming over for dinner tonight, please wear something nice." My mom said, walking into my room.

Ever since we came back from trick or treating, I've been lazy for days. Halloween was three days ago and half of my candy was gone. I ate half of the stuff I got. And that was a lot.

"Why tonight? I can't move." I groaned.

"Because I invited them now get your butt up and take a shower. Get dressed and come downstairs because they'll be here a bit early."

"Mom." I whined.

"Get up." She said, pointing to the bathroom.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes.

I got up, forcefully, may I add. I took a shower and changed into some casual outfit. I admit, I looked pretty damn cute.

I went downstairs and realized that Jimin and his parents were already here.

"Hoseok! It's so good to see you again!" Lucy said, hugging me.

"Hello Lucy, Wooshin." I smiled, hugging her back and shaking Wooshin's hands.

My parents and his parents greeted each other and went to the living room. I helped my mom set the table and Jimin offered to help too. We finished and put the food on the table. My mom's famous lasagna. I loved it a lot. She used to make it a lot when Jinhwan was alive. In fact, it was his favorite dish.

We all sat around the table and I ended up sitting in between Wooshin and Jimin.

"How long have you and Jimin been friends?" My mom asked.

"You could say a few months now." I said. His parents nodded at my answer.

"I don't know how you handled this boy for months. You inspire me, dear." Lucy said, laughing.

"I don't know either," I shook my head. Jimin nudged my shoulder and rolled his eyes at me.

"You love me thus why you can handle me." He winked. "Nothing beats love."

"Love?" I scoffed, trying to sound normal. "Yeah right."

I wanted to say something else but my parents and his parents were there so I just kept it PG. Well, or stayed quiet.

After dinner, his parents stayed for a while and Jimin and I went to my room.

"Guess what's coming soon?" He said, lying on my bed.

"What?" I looked at him.

"Christmas." He smirked. "And you know what comes with Christmas? Mistletoes."

My eyes widened and I started blushing. "Why would you need a mistletoe, you lonely hoe?" I tried acting coolly.

"I need it for a special person."

"Who's the poor guy?" I asked. I wanted to know but then again, I didn't.

"None of your bees wax."

"Leave, out the window." I said, pointing.

"Why?"

"Because I feel like it."

"You're so unfair sometimes."

"I know, I was born this way, baby." I winked.

**

I was at Jimin's house but Yoongi was nowhere to be found. I frowned. I really did miss the guy. He promised he would teach me how to fight but I guess that's out of the picture. I asked Jimin about him but he just says I miss him at the last minute. Somi is still here, though.

"He just left." He said.

"Oh," I mumbled, looking down.

"What's up with you two?" Jimin frowned.

"Well, you know about his dad, right?" He just nodded. "Long story short, he's out to get me."

Jimin looked alarmed and he jumped up. "Excuse me? The old man is now after you?!"

"Hey, keep it down! He said if Yoongi doesn't leave me alone, he's gonna do what he did to my brother."

Again, everything went back to Jinhwan. I wonder if my parents knew about what really happened. No, I want to know if they knew about his drug dealing.

"God damn it!" He yelled. "That man does have a malfunction in his head, indeed."

"He can't do anything to me. Yoongi is basically treating me like I don't exist."

"That doesn't mean you should be walking around like you give no shits because he might get you at any given time and you wouldn't notice!"

"Jimin, I can call the police on him." I said, despite what Yoongi wanted.

"We both know he doesn't want his dad to go to jail, whether he admits it or not."

"Well what else do we have?!" I yelled. "We can't tell the police, we can't take him to a mental hospital, we can't-"

"You're crazy for even suggesting that. If he heard you say that, he would kill you on the spot, honey."

"I don't know what to do."

"You need to be careful, Hoseok." Jimin sighed.

"Jimin? Why does Yoongi oppa always leave? I miss him." Somi said, walking into the room with tears rolling down her cheeks.

I figured he leaves because I always come over here. I got up. "Where are you going?" Jimin asked.

"He can't come home when I'm here, Jimin." I sighed. "Somi misses him and I can't keep them away from each other." I looked down.

He sighed, knowing I was right. "Alright." He whispered.

I left his room silently and started walking back home. I came to his house walking because there was no need to use a car. It was literally within walking distance. It was dark out. If it wasn't for the street lamps, I wouldn't even be able to see my fingers. I put my hands in my jacket's pocket since it was pretty chill and made my way through the cold night.

I did hear noises but I ignored them. But this time, I couldn't.

I looked behind me and my eyes widened. I know I was just paranoid but there was someone following me. There was someone legit following me.

I walked a bit faster and got my phone, ready to call someone. No surprise, Yoongi's contact came up first.

I put it on my ear and waited for him to answer. "Princess! Where are you?! Please tell me you're at home!"

"Yoongi, someone's following me." I whispered. "They're getting closer."

"Fuck! That's my dad! Go! Run!" He didn't have to tell me twice. I took off running to my house and the person behind me started running too.

I saw my house getting closer as I ran towards it. I quickly put in the key and zoomed inside, not forgetting to lock it. If only there was a double lock. My parents weren't home and I decided to run to the bathroom with a big window. I locked it and ran to the window. I felt like Yoongi's dad was right behind me and that made me feel scared. Like I'm gonna die today. I don't want to end up like my brother. I don't want to be found dead in my parent's bathroom. I don't want to be buried six feet underground.

I heard footsteps outside and something told me I was not going to make it out alive tonight.