39

I heard voices.

I didn't know who they belonged to, though.

What happened, exactly?

I cracked open an eye and looked around. There were people around me. I couldn't recognize their faces because everything was blurry.

"Hoseok?" Someone said. That's my name, isn't it?

I turned towards the source of that voice and raised my eyebrows.

"He's awake!" Someone else said. Everybody gathered around me.

"What's going on?" I mumbled.

"You fainted."

"What? When? Why did I faint?"

"Why don't you wash up a little bit? We'll have a talk when you're done." My mom said.

"Oh, okay."

Everyone was here except for one person. Yoongi wasn't here. Where was he?

Jungkook helped me up and took me to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and groaned. I looked like a mess. My hair was everywhere and my face just looked unapproachable. I took a shower and changed into comfortable clothes. I dried my hair and walked downstairs where everyone was.

I entered the living room and they all turned to look at me.

"I'm so glad you're okay, honey." My mom said, patting the seat next to her. I sat down by her side and she hugged me.

"What were you going to talk about?" I asked. I looked at all of them once more and I noticed they looked horrible. Downright terrible. They had bags under their eyes and their hair was all messy. "What happened?" I asked again. They were all silent. "Can someone tell me what's wrong? You all look like zombies right now."

"Firstly, do you remember what happened before you fainted?" My dad asked. I shook my head.

"No, why? Is it something important?"

"Very." Jimin whispered, looking down. I furrowed my eyebrows. It took me a whole minute to finally realize and remember.

"No." I whispered to myself. "That was real? That actually happened? Where's Yoongi?"

"Honey-"

"No, where's Yoongi? He didn't get shot, did he? Did he?!" I stood up, frantically walking around. "Tell me where he is!" I yelled.

"Hoseok, he's fine." My mom said. I stopped and looked at her.

"But his dad pulled the trigger. It must've hit him when he jumped in front of me." I mumbled. "Where is he? Which hospital is he at?!"

"Hoseok-"

"Don't tell me to calm down! I'm asking you where is Yoongi?!"

"I'll take you to him." Jimin said. I just nodded and my parents smiled sadly at me. I remembered something.

"How long was I out?"

"A whole day." He said.

"One day is too long." I mumbled.

"Let's go." Jimin said, pulling me with him.

We walked out of the living room and left the house. I closed the front door behind me and walked to Jimin's car. I sat in the passenger seat as he went to the driver's side. I put on my seatbelt and waited for him to take me to Yoongi. A few minutes later, we got there. I ran out of the car and to the door, knocking endlessly. I was in mid-knock when the door opened, revealing Yoongi.

He did not look good.

His eyes were red and he too, had bags under his eyes. His hair was everywhere and his clothes were all crumpled. I honestly didn't know how to describe the way he looked right now.

"Yoongi?" I spoke. He just stared at me, not saying a thing. "Say something."

Nothing.

Suddenly, he pulled me in for a hug and started sobbing. I just rubbed his back while he cried. I then pulled away and entered the house. He took me to his room and locked his door. He just sat on his bed and stared forwards. At nothing.

"What happened?" I asked. He just shook his head. "You don't have to tell me if you're not ready to."

"No." His voice was raspy and deep, like he hadn't talked for so long. "I want to. I just don't know how to tell you."

"Okay," I sat next to him and held his hand. "Take all the time you need, Yoongi. I can wait."

"He's in jail."

"What?" I turned to look at him. His face was blank. There was no expression on his face whatsoever.

"My dad. He's in jail. They got him." His voice cracked.

"How did they...?"

"When your parents and Jimin came to get you, they called the police. I was the one that called them to come. The thing was, I actually didn't hesitate to call them even though I knew they would call the police and eventually land my dad in jail."

"What about Somi? Who's gonna pay for her education or-"

"He didn't pay for her then so what difference would it make if they took him away?"

I couldn't believe this. What a dad, he was.

"What will you do now?" I asked.

"I won't do anything."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'm not gonna pay for her education or whatever she needs. I can't."

"You can't? Are you being serious right now? She's still so young! She needs to go to school! She needs to-"

"She doesn't need anything." He sniffled. "She's gone." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Gone?"

"You weren't the one who was shot. I wasn't the one was shot. Who else was there?"

"No..." I mumbled. I felt my eyes getting watery.

"She was shot." His tears fell. "And she didn't make it."

__
IM LEGIT CRYING