35

"Wake up, honey! You've slept through the whole day!" My mom said as she barged into my room.

"Go away." I groaned.

"Merry Christmas." She pulled away my covers and smiled. "Get up and go open your presents. Santa got you some nice presents this year."

"Santa isn't real."

"What? My whole childhood was a lie!"

"Mom, please be a mom."

"Okay, moms should try every single possibility to wake their children up, right? So I have a bottle of water here."

"I'm up!" I sprang up on the bed and stared at the water bottle in her hands. I sighed in relief and stood up. "I'll be downstairs in a few minutes."

"Okay."

She left me and closed the door. I walked to my bathroom and washed up, changing into another comfortable pajama. It's Christmas, it's practically pajama day. I walked downstairs and smiled at the smell of food. I ran to the living room and spotted the tree with millions of presents underneath. I was exaggerating. There was probably just three or four presents. I still felt happy, though.

"Go ahead, open up your first present. It's from your grandma."

"Alright." I smiled, opening a little box wrapped with pastel yellow wrapping paper. I tore it up and took the smaller box out. I found a letter so I read that. "Dear Hoseok the hoe," I laughed at my nickname. Got a badass grandma right there, guys.

Don't tell your mom I always call you that ;) When are you going to visit your old granny? She's dying! No, I'm kidding. I'm still as alive as ever. But for real honey, when are you gonna visit me? I missed you! I need to see your face and your mom's face. Oh my. I hope you love your gift, sweetheart. Merry Christmas!! I love you! – xoxo, granny girl ;)

I smiled at the letter and opened the gift. It was a little photo book that had pictures of me and my parents that I have never seen before. Jinhwan was in it too. I loved it. I opened my next gift; it was from my dad.

"Please don't scold me if you don't like it, it was really hard trying to find the perfect gift for your all-grown up son." My dad said, nervously chuckling.

"I bet I'll still love it, appa." I said. I opened it and gasped. "A onesie?!"

"Do you hate it?"

"No dad, it's Star Wars themed, I love it. Now I can finally be a stormtrooper." I smiled.

"You like it? Thank god!" He smiled at me. I hugged him and took the gift my mom gave me.

"You've been asking for this for so long, I finally bought it to shut you up." She laughed.

"A blue Polaroid camera, you know me too well, mother." I smiled, hugging her too. "Now you guys open up my gifts."

"You got us gifts?"

"Of course, are you not my parents?" I rolled my eyes. They smiled and opened up the gifts I bought them. "You like it? They're a bit cheesy."

"Matching couple shirts! I've always wanted these!" My dad exclaimed, standing up excited.

"Oh dear, now he won't change his clothes ever." My mom said, sighing.

"You don't like it?" I asked, frowning.

"No! I love it, honey. Thank you so much." She smiled, hugging me. "Now, shall we go eat? I'm starving."

"Let's go!" My dad said, running to the kitchen. My mom and I laughed and followed after a very excited father.