Chapter 6 || Year 2

Draco's POV-

I finally saw it, after weeks of looking for it. The book that can solve it all. I decided to rip out the page, after all, it could save lives. It could save her life. I folded the sheet and pocketed it, putting it into my robes.

I was walking down the stairs when I saw Potter with the Weasley's, and I felt a sudden anger take over me.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you Potter. Famous Harry Potter, can't even go to a bookshop without making the front page." I growled.

"Leave him alone." The girl Weasley, who I didn't know her name, spoke up, stepping forward.

"Oh look Potter, got yourself a girlfriend?" I grinned maliciously.

She took a step back and blushed a furious shade of red, and I couldn't help but chuckle to myself, until I felt a familiar object slam down on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and stepped aside, allowing my father to do whatever he pleased, which happened to be introducing himself to Potter, and trying to put the familiar black diary into someone's possession.

I inwardly groaned and looked around, but froze when I locked eyes with the familiar brown ones.

Hermione was walking through the crowd and stood next to me, but leaving enough room to make it not look suspicious. She had gotten prettier over the holidays. Even though her hair was still bushy, and her teeth were still crooked, her face had matured, and she had grown slightly taller.

I was too busy staring at her that I drowned out everything around me, but snapped back when she began to talk.

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself."

Father turned around and looked at Hermione, his eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face.

"And you must be, Miss Granger," He drawled, looking over at me, "Oh yes, Draco's told me all about you, and your parents. Muggles, aren't they?"

Hermione gave him a deadly glare, taking a step back next to me as he began to insult the Weasley's.

"Are you okay." I whispered.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Hermione whispered back, smiling a little.

"Good, sorry about him. He's just in another bad mood again." I sighed.

"It's okay, it's not your fault." She said, her cheeks turning slightly pink for some reason.

I looked back over to where my father was standing, and I watched as he walked out of the store, which meant my cue to leave.

I walked over to Potter and Weasley, putting a sneer on my face.

"See you at school." I said to the both of them, then turning towards Hermione who was looking up at me, softening my gaze ever so slightly, before stepping out of the shop.