Chapter 12 || Year 2

Draco's POV-

I walked into the quiet hospital wing and looked around, only receiving silence and darkness. I spotted the bed that occupied Hermione, who was frozen, her mouth open slightly as if she gasped before being petrified.

"I'm so sorry Hermione." I whispered to her, kneeling down beside her bed.

I grabbed her cold, pale hand and gave it a small squeeze, hoping that she would return back to normal just like that, but nothing happened, just like I knew it would.

"I shouldn't have waited so long to give you the sheet, it could have protected you. But I was scared, and I was a coward, therefore leaving it too late." I sighed.

I let go of her hand and picked up the bunch of flowers I had brought with me, placing them on her bedside table.

My eyes grazed over the colourful 'Get Well Soon' cards, and I couldn't help myself from picking a couple up and reading what I had to say.

I can't believe you, Hermione Granger, of all people, got petrified.

You're are such a kind and caring person, and you were what made classes interesting with your brightness and knowledge. Everything is so much more quieter now.

I really do hope you get unpetrified soon, because everything is so lonely without you.

Love Hannah.

I put back the first letter, who was from Hannah Abbot, with the others and picked up another one, but put it straight back on the table when I saw it was from Ginny Weasley.

I sighed to myself as I moved away from the table and returned back to Hermione's bedside, and to my dismay, she was still laying in the same position.

"I know you can't hear me Granger, but I want you to know that I can't even eat or think properly knowing that I was the one who caused this to you. Because like I said before, if I had just given you that page earlier, you would've known what to do and how to prevent getting petrified or killed." I mumbled.

I sat there for another five minutes before standing up.

"Goodnight Hermione." I whispered, planting a kiss on her forehead, something I would never do if she was fine.

I walked out of the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey not even noticing I was in there, and walked back to the cold dungeons, my whole body drowning in guild and sadness, all of it contained on the inside, not once letting my mask of emotion break as I walked into the common room