Chapter 11 || Year 2

Draco's POV-

I pulled out the page I've been keeping in my back pocket for weeks, finally ready to give it to the brunette. I sighed as I looked across the classroom, her bushy hair and her raised hand standing out.

I counted down the minutes until the school bell that indicated end of class rang. I waited until the class began to empty out, or otherwise it would be deemed suspicious to any onlookers, although it kind of was.

I began to walk over to Hermione, who was packing her bag, standing alone because Potter and Weasley had last minute quidditch practice.

"Hey Granger." I greeted, stopping in front of her and handing her one of her books.

She looked at me before resuming backing away her books, but I could have sworn I saw the slightest bit of hurt flash across her features.

"I have something to give you." I told her, pulling out the page which was neatly folded.

"What? Is it a note telling me to kill myself. Is it something that will remind me how much you want me dead." She spat.

"Hermione? What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"You know very well what I'm talking about, and I'm leaving it at that." She responded before beginning to walk away.

"Granger, please. Just take this, it could save your life. I don't know how you found out about what I said, but if I really did hate you that much, I would have never done this for you. So please just take it." I pleaded.

"Fine, but what is it?" She asked, unfolding it.

"I can't tell you exactly what it is, but I know your smart enough to work it out. Please keep safe Hermione." I whispered.

I was about to walk away when she flung her arms around me, taking me by surprise.

"Thank you Draco." Hermione muttered in my ear as I wrapped my own arms around her.

"Anytime." I mumbled, ignoring the zoo that seemed to escape in my stomach whenever I laid eyes on the girl.