Chapter 46 || Year 7

You all knew it was coming, you all were waiting for it, and now it's here..
______________

Draco's POV-

I knew I had always warned her to make sure she was never captured by snatchers, but I guess I had never actually considered the scenario of if she did. So it sure did come as a surprise when the trio were thrown onto the floor of the drawing room in my manor.

I was called down personally by my crazed aunt, and I knew it was best not to defy her, but I had no idea why she was dragging me down into the darkest and vilest room in the manor. She opened the door with that malicious grin on her face, walking in whilst cackling to herself, but I then caught sight of the three in the arms of snatchers; the black-haired one, obvious to anyone who knew the trio that it was indeed Potter, covered with what appeared to be a stinging jinx, most likely performed by the brunette witch.

I moved my eyes to her face then, those brown orbs of hers wide with fear, whilst the rest of her body put up a defiant streak. Her eyes locked with mine, and despite everything around her and the fate she knew that was coming for her, she visibly relaxed in the arms of whoever was holding her, making me want to walk straight up to her and hold her in my embrace.

Everyone whipped their heads around when the loud cackle of the insane Lestrange woman echoed around the room, sending chills down my spine. She turned her almost black eyes towards me, her pure evil grin brighter than I'd ever seen it before, or maybe it just appeared that way as I tried to avoid her at all costs.

"Draco, darling, come over here," She demanded, and I didn't even try to fight her command.

I cautiously walked over to her, trying to keep that mask of control left upon my face.

"My friends here say they've got Harry Potter," She explains viciously, placing her icy hand on my shoulder, "Seeing as he's and old school chum of yours, I thought you could confirm the fact for us."

I stood frozen as she turned me around to face him; Potter's face still unrecognisable to the others in the room. The eye that wasn't nearly as swollen as the other locked with mine, and that confirmed my plan not to give away any details of who the three were.

"Well, Draco?" This time it was my father demanding for an answer, his voice impatient in his drunken state.

"I can't ... I can't be sure," I answered, trying to keep my voice level, quickly taking my eyes away the boy who had been my enemy since I was 11.

I stared at the wall behind the three prisoners, too terrified to look at anyone or open my mouth to speak. I drowned out the argument that began to start, not wanting to take any part in it. I could feel Hermione's stare on my face, but I didn't dare look at her, too scared that I would break just by looking into her intense brown eyes.

I was praying that her and even her two best friends would get out of my manor alive and unharmed, but knowing the ways of my sadistic aunt with her dedication to the Dark Lord, and my father's need of redemption, I highly doubt my wish would follow through.

"Draco," My head whipped to the side at the sound of my name, it coming from my father's lips, "come here, look properly! What do you think?"

He motioned for me to come over to where him and the crazed witch stood, and once I had reached the two, my aunt pulled me down so I was level with Potter, our faces close enough that we could see each other's fear.