Chapter 39 || Year 6

Hermione's POV-

I always knew from the day I woke up in that hospital bed people would be treading on eggshells around me, but even after 5 months of the incident, everyone, including both Harry and Ron, and even the Slytherins, were still treating me like I was going to break down at any moment.

I couldn't exactly blame them though, especially Harry and Ron, the only two who knew exactly what happened the second time, although Lavender, as daft and as annoying as she may be, basically saved my life by alerting the ginger-haired boy of the situation, and for that, I give her a slight amount of gratitude, only because she got through and managed to stay calm with the amount of blood on the bathroom floor, but I don't thank her, because she ruined what I was intending to do.

But looking down at the thick scars on both my wrists, I wondered if I should have had a better plan, because nothing that I come up with seems to work or I know won't be able to be completed or it would just be plain stupid. But maybe that was why my conclusive idea could work, because it is so stupid that people won't be able to stop it.

I knew that since I was back at school and not on the verge of or actually dying, Draco could finally start or resume whatever it is he has to to. He has become quieter, barely throwing around insults to anyone these days; his face almost never around when there was no class.

I notice a lot more things these days - the way Harry looks at Ginny; the way Seamus' eyes have turned ever so slightly darker ever since news spread that Dean and Ginny were a couple, or maybe it could be from stress and worry and was just a coincidence. Hannah Abbot has changed her style, her hair normally down and curled and her skirt slightly higher, showing off her long, tanned legs, although no one seemed to have noticed.

But the one thing that caught my attention the most was the way Lavender Brown looked at Ron Weasley, her eyes almost never leaving his face, even when he was looking right back at her.

I shook my head and let out a small chuckle, chuckling to myself as I walked up to my dormitory, but boy was I wrong.

The pair were on my bed, all of their clothes on the floor whilst the ginger was deep inside her. I could feel my mouth hanging open in pure shock and disgust, but what was worse was the tears I could feel trying to escape past my eyelids.

I ran out of the room but made sure to slam my door on the way out so they'd know someone saw them, and sure enough, I heard Ron yell out a string of curse words.

I practically jogged out of the common room, walking forward with zero idea of where I was going. But I stopped and turned around when I heard the culprit's sister's voice calling out my name.

"God, Hermione, you walk so fast," Ginny mumbled, catching her breath.

"So I've been told," I muttered, wiping away a tear that I knew the female Weasley would have seen.

"What happened back there?" She asked softly.

I looked at her, studying her face for a few moments, watching how sincere she looked when she stared right back at me.

"They were fucking on my bed, and I happened to walk in on them," I sighed.

"Who? Ron and Brown?" Ginny questioned.

I nodded, sinking down to the ground, Ginny sitting down next to me.

"You like him, don't you?" She asked quietly.

"Unfortunately," I mumbled.

"But there's more to this than your leading on?" The girl continued, earning another nod from me.

Ginny just looked at me, complete understanding in her eyes as she observed my face.

"You love someone else though, don't you?" She whispered.

That was when a small sob escaped past my lips, making the girl wrap her arms around me, only this time doing tightly, not worrying if I was going to break in half, giving me the support I needed.

"It's Draco. I love him, Gin. I love him but I know I can't. And some days, I think that he might feel something back, like when I woke up in the hospital, he was so happy that I woke up, yet he was the only who basically put me there with his insults that get more vicious each time he spits them at me, and it's those days where I forget all chances of him ever thinking of me in a way that isn't the filth on his shoe," I cried into her shoulder.

"There's something else though," Ginny stated.

"H-he said that he's never going to let me go again - that was after I woke up. But I know we can't be anything, and I know he can't even think of me as anything, because ... well ... let's say if he is a ... one of them, what would You-Know-Who say if Draco had feeling towards a Mudblood like me?" I sighed, my breath shaky.

The Weasley girl pulled back and looked at me seriously, the most serious I had ever seen her before. She grabbed my hand and held it in hers, a small but sad smile on her lips.

"Then you make sure You-Know-Who never finds out," Ginny whispered, pulling me up off the floor and taking me back to the common room, "You guys love each other, but you just need to stop worrying about everything else and start focusing on yourselves, or trust me, you will definitely regret it."

I stopped walking and turned to the girl I classified as a best friend and flung my arms around her, felling her own wrap around me.

"Just remember that he loves you, and you love him, that you always have, and that you always will."