Chapter 48 || Year 7

Hermione's POV-

It was terrifying, that's the first thing I can say when describing what war is truly like. This battle at the place I had called my second home was the most horrifying thing I had seen, and it shook me to the core knowing that my friends who I have grown up with are out there fighting for their lives, and that some of them have probably already lost theirs.

So it came to a relief when the Room of Requirement held a small shred of safety, giving us the chance to slightly recover, although the three of us knew that we wouldn't be relaxing anytime soon.

Harry, Ron and I had split up in the Room of Hidden Things, trying to find the small tiara that had been turned into a horcrux, although the diadem was incredibly hard to find. I was about to lift up a large box when I heard his voice - the husky sound hitting my ears softly, causing me to run back to where I knew Harry might be.

Sure enough, The Boy Who Lived was standing in front of a pile of old newspapers sitting on top of a scratched and decayed cabinet, but he was accompanied by three boys, two of them being the goons that call themselves royalty, although they most likely have zero understanding of what the word truly means, but the final person was the one with the platinum blonde hair and the leader of the group.

Somehow, at the exact moment my eyes landed on his slightly dusty figure, he looked up; those grey eyes that I had fallen in love with boring into my own, making me want to reach out and hold him, cradling him in my arms whilst we escaped from the war. But his eyes also held something that I knew were the after effects of torture, myself bearing the same glint for weeks after my body had been convulsing on the floor of his manor from the constant, deadly pain.

I almost made a move to reach out to him, but found Ron standing next to me, and I knew it was better to remain still than to anger the ginger, especially with the battle raging outside the room's walls. But despite the loud chaos that was erupting outside, the room had an eerie silence to it; the tension continuously building.

"How did you get in here?" Harry asked, breaking the silence, startling everyone, although only Draco and Ron jumped at the sudden noise.

Draco looked over at Harry, quickly locking eyes with me before taking a short but deep breath.

"I virtually lived in the Room of Hidden Things all last year, I know how to get in," He responded flatly, although with a small amount of distaste at the memory of how he spent his entire sixth year.

"We was hiding in the corridor outside, we can do Diss-lusion charms now," Goyle grunted but with a grin, "Then you turned up right in front of us and said you was looking for a die-dum. What's a die-dum?"

"That's none of your-"

"Descendo!" Crabbe shouted, cutting of Ron as he shot the spell at an overhead pile of junk, causing it teeter for a few seconds, then finally fall onto the group of six, each person running to avoid the falling objects.

I screamed and sprinted forward as an abnormally large cage landed only millimetres from me, looking up to find Draco running towards me, him picking me up in his arms in one swift motion and running through different isles until he found one that was safe from the dangerous, falling junk.

"God, Granger," He exhaled breathlessly, looking at me right in the eye before pulling me strongly into his arms, burying his head in the crook of my neck.