Chapter 16 || Year 3

Hermione's POV-

Draco was standing in front of the Buckbeak, the hippogrif; his hand on the animal's long beak.

"This is very easy," Draco smirked, "I knew it must have been, if Potter could do it."

He looked over at me, and I returned it with a deadly glare.

"I bet you're not dangerous at all, are you?" he said to the hippogrif. "Are you, you ugly great brute."

The hippogrif turned from calm to furious in under a millisecond. I let out a gasp as it stood up on its hind legs and began to attack Draco, who let out an ear-piercing, high-pitched scream.

Hagrid tried to wrestle Buckbeak while Draco laid on the ground, withering in pain, clutching his arm. I could feel my cheeks pale when I caught sight of the blood seeping out of the large gash, causing the grass and his robes to turn red.

"Hagrid, he needs to be taken to the hospital." I cried, running forward.

Hagrid nodded and picked up Draco in one swift motion whilst I ran to the gate and opened them up.

As Hagrid walked past with Draco in his arms, Draco and I connected eyes, mine filled with hurt.

'Be strong' I mouthed to him, and I saw him give a brief nod.

Harry and Ron stood either side of me, watching as Hagrid ran up the hill.

"Do you reckon he's going to be okay?" I asked quietly.

"Who knows." Harry replied as we began to walk to the great hall.

"What about Hagrid? Do you reckon he'll get sacked?" Ron questioned.

"I hope not. It's all Malfoy's fault why Buckbeak got mad. Hagrid warned us not to insult a hippogrif, but bloody Malfoy decided to go and do that, and on Hagrid's first day of teaching too." Harry answered angrily.

I hummed in agreement but said nothing more, my mind wandering off to the blonde.