Chapter 45 || Year 7

Hermione's POV-

Perhaps it has something to do with me why everyone I care about is leaving. First was my parents, gone to the other side of the world with no memory of their true identities and unaware of their child who was fighting the wars in her head and the ones surrounding her, only they disappeared with my own doing. Next, there was Draco, the small blonde boy who grew up to be the man I loved, forced out of my life due to the different sides of the war we were fighting.

But Ronald Weasley was the third, leaving on the most stupidest of reasons, but still causing misery amongst my best friend and I.

I knew I hadn't spoken a single word in days, and that Harry was constantly worried, but I was too scared to reveal the real reason to him, no matter how close we are. He constantly tries to cheer me up from the situation with Ron, but little did he know of the owl I intercepted two days after Ron's departure.

It terrified me of how his owl knew where we were, so I immediately packed away our stuff to leave, Harry obliging to my silent commands. From that day on, I kept the letter tucked away in my pocket - the small piece of paper give me a small sense of comfort; that smell of mint that always tends to linger around him somehow evaporating onto the letter.

I could feel my eyes begin to burn with tears as I thought about what may be happening to the 17 year old blonde, the boy being too young to see the horrors he has to face everyday.

I squeezed my eyes shut for a brief moment before reopening them, pulling the letter out of my pocket and walking over to the corner where I always tend to sit and mourn in. I unfolded the sheet carefully, making sure not to tear the edges, and began to read, preparing myself for the wave of emotions I knew would be coming.

Hermione,

If this letter reaches you, I just want to let you know that I'm fine, and that I'm still alive. These days I just lock myself in my room and don't come out, and the only person who visits me is my mother.

I was told by Snape that I didn't have to attend all the meetings anymore, and I suspect that he had something to do with it, but I still have to attend to major ones, or the ones regarding that bastard's takeover of the manor.

Unfortunately, those meetings tend to be worse than the general ones, and there are always people slaughtered on our drawing room floor, their bodies left there for my family to clean up.

But that's enough of me and my pathetic problems - how are you? I hope you're okay, and that you haven't been caught yet on this Horcrux hunt, although I doubt you have, you're too smart to be caught. There is another problem arising though - Bellatrix has decided to search all over for you, and she has also forced the snatchers to make you three their main priority. So please watch yourself, I don't know how I would react if you were to be caught.

Enough of all those negatives though, and let's start on the fact of how much I love you, and I much I hope you are safe and well. I can imagine you whilst reading this, your smile that brightens your eyes whilst your cheeks begin to glow a light shade of pink. You know, it's your face that helps me get through each day. Your smart and witty words, those eyes made of chocolate that are illuminating and alluring. Just you in general. Especially how I know I have to keep on going to be with you again, and I hope you think the same.

Do you remember what you told me earlier this year, whilst we were still at school? How you'll remember me in that place where you still remember your dreams? And that would be where you love me? Well I'm exceeding that, because I remember you every minute of the day, and I love you as each millisecond passes, and there is not a single moment when I doubt that.

Just remember, Hermione Granger, you need to stay strong during this war, and you need to keep Potter and Weasley close, no matter how much of a danger they might be. They are a vital part in this war, as are you, and the three of you have the best chance of ending this whole mess once and for all. But the main thing you must remember is that if you are ever in doubt, or if you ever feel as if you can't go on, continue to think about how much I love you, and how much I won't be able to live with myself if I loose you.

I really do love you, and you know I always have. Keep strong, Granger.

-Draco

I took in a sharp intake of breath as I felt the tears I didn't know were falling sliding down my cheeks. I didn't take any note of my surroundings, all I was worried about was trying to calm my breathing before it caught the attention of Harry. But when I looked up, I didn't expect to see him standing there, looking down at me with his mouth agape; his emerald eyes wide with confusion and utter shock.

He didn't say anything, all he did was stand and stare, unnerving me as I couldn't read what he was actually thinking.

"It hasn't been Ron you've been crying about, has it?" He asked, surprisingly quite softly.

I shook my head no, not sure if my voice would be able to hold.

"It's always been him, hasn't it?" Harry questioned in a whisper.

"I've loved him since I was 11 years old," I responded weakly, more tears falling.

"Oh Mione," He sighed, pulling me up and into his arms, wrapping me in his protective hug, "Why did you hide it for seven years?"

"You all hate him, I'd be called a traitor amongst you guys, and I couldn't bare to loose you," I sobbed.

"Merlin, Hermione, even though it is Malfoy your in love with, I wouldn't hate you over it. You're my sister, and you always will be, no matter what happens," Harry whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm so, so sorry," I hiccuped into his chest, finally feeling the weight of everything slightly lift off my shoulders, and for the first time in weeks, I felt almost normal again, with a family and another who loves me and makes me feel normal and happy, something I haven't been in a while.

All whilst those grey eyes, appearing molten-silver in my mind, shone brightly along with his smile, his voice whispering to me, giving me every source of comfort I need.