Chapter 22 || Year 4

Draco's POV-

I was standing in the trees, watching as the death eaters emerged and began to attack the muggles. There were flashes of green light illuminating the night sky, causing the trees to glow each time a spell was shot.

I heard a loud thump and turned sharply, but couldn't see anything.

"What happened? Ron, where are you? Oh this is stupid- lumos!" A light erupted from the person's wand, revealing the face of Hermione, with Potter standing behind her and Weasley sprawled across the ground.

"I tripped over a tree root." Weasley said angrily, standing up.

"Well with feet that size, it's hard not to." I snickered, making my presence known.

The trio turned to face me, and if looks could kill, I would've been killed three times.

"Fuck off Malfoy." Weasley growled.

"Language Weasley." I smirked.

Hermione gave me a look, but couldn't figure out what it meant, although it wasn't friendly.

"Hadn't you better be hurrying along now? You wouldn't want her spotted, would you?" I said, nodding towards Hermione.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She said defiantly.

"Granger, they're after muggles." I said softly, but harshened my tone a bit. "Do you want to be showing off your knickers in mid-air? Because if you do hang around...they're moving this way, and it would give us all a laugh."

"Hermione's a witch." Potter snarled.

"Have it your own way, Potter. If you think they can't spot a mudblood, stay where you are." I drawled.

"You watch your mouth!" Weasley shouted, stepping forward, but Hermione seized his arm.

"Never mind Ron." She muttered into his ear.

There was a loud bang, and several people screaming could be heard.

"Scare easily, don't they." I chuckled half-heartily. "I suppose your daddy told you all to hide? What's he up to? Trying to save the muggles?"

"Where's your parents? Out there wearing masks are they?" Potter growled.

I was about to reply with something snarky, but I saw Hermione raise her eyebrow at Potter, that somehow caused me to have a mind blank.

"Well if they were, I wouldn't be likely to tell you, would I Potter?" I smirked.

"Oh come on, let's go and find the others." She sighed, grabbing the arms of both the boys, and shooting me a disgusted look.

"Keep that big bushy head down Granger." I sneered, calling out after her.

"Come on guys." Hermione repeated, but I could've sworn I saw the ghost of a smile on her lips.

I watched as she disappeared down the path, still grasping onto Potter and Weasley, dragging them down along with her.

But whether or not she understood my warning was completely beyond me.