Trouble in Paradise Contiued

Nick: Um I-I I um.
     I get up pushing Nick out of the door way and closed it behind me.
Nick: Mama told me to come get y'all so we could finish eating.
Me: Yea I'm pretty sure you brought it up. Nick this is my last time telling you.
     I pointed towards my door.
Me: That is my girlfriend and you will not I can not stress this enough you will not harass her. I understand she is gorgeous but 2 things, 1 she's mine and 2 she's too old for you. I don't want to have to repeat myself.
    I stepped closer to Nick as he back up into the wall.  He was all of 17 but he was already reaching 6 feet tall if not taller. I grabbed the back of his neck so that him and I were eye level.
Me: I love you Nick but don't mess with my girlfriend. You know how we use to fight but if you want a girl I got a couple baddies in my phone down here I'll give you all their numbers.
Nick: Alright cuzo sorry about tryna get at yo girl but good looking out.
Me: It's all good little bro go back down stairs we be there in a little bit.
Nick: Could I apologize to her?
Me: Let me see if she's dressed.
    I walk back in the room and she's sitting on the bed.
Jasmine: Who was that? I told yo ass not to get me all worked up like that. That wasn't Nia was it?
Me: Baby chill it was just Nick.
Jasmine: What the hell he wanted?
Me: You of course.
Jasmine: Me? Well I seen him looking at me when we were at the table.
Me: He wants to apologize is that cool?
Jasmine: Yea bae it's alright.
I kissed Jasmine as we both left the room.
Nick: Jasmine I want to apologize for trying to get at you.
She laughed.
Jasmine: It's ok.
As we were walking down the stairs she made fun of Nick.
Jasmine: You couldn't have took me from your cousin anyway she's more my type.
    Jasmine and I laughed as Nick pouted.
Nick: Yea yea whatever.
I hugged Nick and dabbed him up as we sat down at the table. We all sat around the table after we had all finish eating. It felt good to be home, Jasmine was getting along great with everyone. Maya was now sitting on the side of her she was 18 and had just graduated high school while her brother Byron had 1 more year to go he was 17 just like Nick. Maya and Byron were uncle Liam's kids that he had with someone before he was with my aunt Nia. Terrance, William and Nick were both uncle Liam's and aunt Nia's . Maya was the oldest she was 18, then Nick and Byron were both 17, Terrance was 15 then it was William who was 14 but acted older than all of them. He was a smart kid always helping his older siblings with their homework. I got up out of my chair.
Me: I want to make an announcement. Everyone I know I'm not home often but I can't say how much I missed you'll, I have been running a night club with my best friend and I was thinking that I wanted to open one here in Atlanta. I want you all to be in charge and keep things in order. It would be especially good business front for our real business. Uncle Liam, aunt Nia what do you say?
     They looked at each other.
Aunt Nia: You get the business plans together and let us look it over. We'll decide from there.
     They both got up from the table, I stood up as they walked around then they hugged me. Everybody clapped as we hugged it made me blush a little. I looked at my watch and noticed it was 11:30, to late for Jasmine an I to go to the hotel I had booked.
Uncle Liam: You staying here tonight?
Me: Yea it's to late to go to the hotel.
Aunt Nia: Good my baby back.
All my cousins look at her with a stank face.
Me: Yep that's right I'm her favorite don't hate.
We all laughed.
Me: Jas are you ok with us staying here tonight?
Everyone looked at her waiting for her answer, I found it to be funny.
Jasmine: Yes it's great.
Me: Ok cool. Uncle Liam will you help me with the bags?
Uncle Liam: Yea come on.
We get outside, uncle Liam's was talking to me about something when I noticed a dark colored car park down the street. As I opened the trunk I whispered to my uncle.
Me: Unc it's a car down there just sitting there. It wasn't there when we got here you know who that is?
     He turned around slowly as he saw the person in the car start to roll the window. He whispers to me.
Unc: Do you have your gun on you?
Me: No it's under my seat.
Unc: Ok act nature an act like you left something in the car, grab it then come back.
     I nodded.
Me: Aye Unc.
     I said kind of loud so they could hear.
Me: I have a present for you and auntie.
     As I was reaching under the seat for the gun bullets started to rain towards me and uncle Liam. He always stayed strapped so it didn't surprise me when he started to shot back. I started shoot back then as quickly they came the bullets stop flying our direction. We ran over to the car with our guns still drawn, 1 of the 4 men was still alive. Unc opened the car door, I seen aunt Nia and Jasmine walk out the house and aunt Nia had her gun.
Me: Go back in the house!
They slowing backed up up into the house reluctantly.
Uncle Liam: Who you work for?
He asked as he held the gun to the dudes temple.
Dude in the car: I ain't telling you shit.
He spat blood on uncle Liam's shirt. Unc shot him in the shoulder and asked the dude the same question again.
Uncle Liam: Who do you work for?
Dude in the car: Alright alright man chill. I work for Eric alright I work for Eric.
I walked around my uncle to get face to face with the dude.
Me: Tell Eric to come see me at the spot, I tired of his shit I'm ending it. This is the only reason I'm letting you live you understand me.
He nodded in agreement.
Dude in the car: He's out of town he won't be back for a while.
I pointed the gun at his head.
Dude in the car: Wait wait wait man wait I'll call him, don't kill me please.
Me: Get out of here before I change my mind.
He sped off then we ran into the house making sure no one seen us, but I had to go back to get our bags. Unc told the story to everybody, I saw the fear in Jasmine's face and I hated it so much. My uncle and aunt talked in the kitchen while Jasmine and I sat down on the couch watching the cabin in the woods on the 80 inch flat screen, she hadn't said anything since everything happen.
Me: Baby you ok?
Jasmine: Yea I'm fine.
Me: I can tell you not, you want to go upstairs an talk about it?
Jasmine: Ok.
She yawned, I could tell she was tired. It was already 2 o'clock and I was getting sleepy too. We said goodnight to uncle Liam and aunt Nia, we got in the room she was still quiet. Jasmine finished changing before me, when I came out the restroom she was in the bed watching tv then I got in on the side of her.
Me: Can you tell me what's wrong now?
She took a while to answer, I was about to ask her again but I saw a tear fall down her cheek.
Jasmine: All I could think about is not having you around.
Me: What do you mean shawty?
Jasmine: That shooting that just happened. What if you wouldn't have came back? What would I do without you?
At this point tears were just falling down her face, I couldn't stand to see her cry. I moved closer to her an held her in my arms.
Me: I'm not going anywhere baby, not to sound like a asshole but I've been doing this for a while. I'm not going to leave you.
     She chuckled a little bit.
Me: Nah though for real bae I'm not going no where you got me.
     I kissed her on her forehead, she kissed me then turned around. She pulled my arm I knew she wanted me to hold her tight so I did. I woke up to hear somebody talking, I looked at my phone it was 4:36 in the morning. I noticed Jasmine was still sleeping I slowly took my arm from around her, she stirred a little bit but stayed asleep. I put my robe and slippers on then quietly opened the door. I didn't open the door all the way but I seen it was Nick and Terrance.
Nick: Bro that shit was crazy.
Terrance: I know them niggas were hella bold.
Nick: Yea yea you know Eric had the nerve to run up on me at school the other day.
Terrance: What he wanted?
Nick: He was tryna get me to be apart of his gang.
Terrance: Damn man what you told him?
Nick: I told him to move around with that bullshit of course don't play with me. He tried to square up with me but my niggas ran up on him.
Terrance: You lucky man.
Nick: Nah it's whatever but, aye man you know what was weird he was asking bout Ty.
Terrance: What you mean?
Nick: He was asking all types of questions, but the one that stuck out the most was he asked me.
      Before he could say I walked out of my room.
Me: What did he ask you?
Nick: Ty man umm nothing.
    I got closer to him and he tensed up a little bit.
Nick: He asked me why did you have a painting of a naked lady in your bathroom.
      I was confused for a second then I thought about it. The only painting I had in the bathroom was when I stayed with Alex. I started to panic, I could only think about horrible things that might have happened. I ran back into to my room and grabbed my phone to call Alex. I called 5 or 6 times with no answer.
Me: Jasmine Jasmine baby wake up.
Jasmine: Whaaat I'm tired.
Me: We have to leave I think something happened to Alex.
Jasmine: Oh my what happened?
Me: I don't know but we need to be on the earliest flight we can.
Jasmine: Flight?
Me: Yea I'm sorry bae if you really don't want to I can talk aunt Nia about you staying here at least I know you'll be safe here.
Jasmine: I don't know.
Me: Ok pack our stuff up while I go take to my aunt an uncle.
     I left out of the room while Jasmine was packing up our things. I knocked on their door and waiting for aunt Nia to come to the door.
Nia: What do you need baby?
Me: I don't mean to wake you up auntie but I have to go back to Texas.
Nia: When?
Me: Tonight, Nick told me something that has me nervous for my best friend  and her family. She didn't answer the phone when I called so I have to go check on them.
Nia: Ok baby I'm proud of you go take care of yours.
      She hugged me tight and I hugged her back even tighter.
Me: Aunt Nia Jasmine doesn't like to fly and just in case she changes her mind on flying back with me could she possibly stay here till I can come back to get her?
Nia: Of course baby of course she can stay as long as you need her to.
Me: Ok good thank you so much.
Nia: You know it's no problem, let me walk you guys out.
     Nick and Terrance were still standing in the hall talking to one another.
Nia: Help yo cousin take their bags to the car.
     They grabbed our bags, we walked down the stairs talking to each other. I had grabbed my gun to check outside to see if there was a car park outside but there wasn't. They boys loaded our bags we all hugged good bye. I was in a hurry, I was running stop signs and red lights. I could tell that Jasmine was nervous as we were walking through the airport.
Jasmine: What about your car?
Me: Uncle Liam is going to come get it, I gave him the other key I had.
Jasmine: Oh ok that's good.
Me: If you don't want to get on this flight aunt Nia said it would be ok if you stayed.
       She hugged up on me and she put her head on my chest.
Jasmine: I'ma do it for you baby.
Me: Good I'm going be with you the whole time.
      We reached the desk to get our boarding passes, I was able to get the last couple of seats of first class for the 6 am flight. The flight went well Jasmine liked it after which I thought was great. We got off our flight and hurried to grab our bags. We caught a cab all the way back to Alex's house.