Save Me/15/Haunted House

Vote!!!

1.Safe and Sound-2

2.Sweater Weather-0

3.Titanium-1

4.Siren-1

Anime Quote:

"The future is always blank. Only your will power can leave footsteps there."

-Satoru Fujinuma(Erased)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikan

My mind falls blank as I hear the announcements. It's true. Mitsuru stands before me, but I don't know how he won...

"Mi-chan... are you alright?" He whispers softly as I grip his arm. That's right... I know why he won... I fainted and fell out of my 'flying carpet'.

"I'm... okay." I huff and feel my head start to sweat.

"Mitsuru Yuzuru! Please come to the front of the building to receive your award." The announcer says and Mitsuru debates whether or not to carry me.

"I'm alright. Just go and get your award."

"I didn't really win though..."

"Who cares? I'm not feeling well anyways. I would have given it up." I lie through clenched teeth, I'm not really in a mood to argue with him and his eyes look a bit guilty.

"Let me take you there, then." he turns me over on his back and carries me that way, his arms support my legs and my hands grip his shoulders. He's giving me a piggy-back ride. I blush but let him do it because I'm not feeling good.

"You haven't eaten anything huh? Or slept..."

"What?" I mumble. "I don't know what you're talking about." I rest my head against his shoulder and let him carry me all the way towards the front of the building.

"You know... you're really light. I can barely feel you at all." He states which makes me blush. "You should eat a bit more."

"Well... Natsume says that I eat too much." I mutter. "He calls me fat all the time."

"Don't listen to that guy. You're fine the way you are." He whispers and it takes me a great deal to put together the words he said. When I do, it makes me blush beat red. No one's ever said something as sweet as that. It makes me smile but at the same time a bit angry. I wish Natsume would say something as forward and honest as Mitsuru.

"You think so?" I grin and rub his hair, "You're so nice Mitsu." I hug him from the back. I pause when I notice a slight blush on his face.

He coughs and turns the other way. For the rest of the way, we stay silent.

"T-thanks." My eyes flutter down as he puts me down slowly.

"No problem."

I walk with him to the front of the building where a whole crowd of people have gathered. From the back, I instantly notice Natsume. His bangs have covered his eyes and it looks as though he's asleep standing up. It makes me giggle.

"Who's lamp would you like?" Tsubasa wiggles his brows and waves his arms around, naming all of them. But before he can even start to name them all, Mitsuru interrupts him.

"Mikan Sakura." He says. My eyes widen and I nervously place a strand of loose hair from my bun, behind my ear.

Tsubasa looks between Mitsuru and I with a slight smirk. I think I'm about to pinch him when I notice a weird expression on Natsume's face. It almost looks as if...