Save Me/26/Dreams

Sorry for the late update:x

Anime Quote:

"That's enough! I don't want to hear it! I'm sick of you and everyone else telling me to run. I'm not running. Not without you. I won't leave you behind."

-Inuyasha(Inuyasha)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsume

Previously on Save Me...

"Where is she?!" My voice cracks. I'm trying not to sound like a sissy but I'm hopeless now. I want to cry and bury my head into the ground already. I want to die because this life isn't worth my time if Mikan isn't here. There's no time left, that's all I know.

These kids have been trying to tell me the whole time, that Mikan is really in danger. I just haven't been paying too much attention, I've been too naive and carefree. I thought we were fine, I thought we were safe.

It was a mistake.

"You had your chance..." Mitsuru mumbles, tears rolling down his eyes. "You had your chance. You could have prevented any of it. Why.....why did you do nothing? I trusted you for a moment. A second. And nothing changed. You are the same as him. The SAME!" He slams my back against the wall and I do nothing. I keep my arms down, my head bowed, my hands dead by my sides. I do nothing. I take it, I do nothing. He slams me again, harder and I can see the same expression on his face that is like my own. Except... my heart has already died.

I don't know where she went and why. I should have listened to her...

"I warned you over and over... sniff." He stops and sobs, everyone is watching now. I cover my eyes with my bangs. "I love her, you know." His words hit me like an arrow. I'd never heard anyone say something like that, except Ruka but that's over now. "I left her in your hands because I trusted you for a moment. I thought you would definitely take care of her. I was wrong." He wipes his eyes and out of nowhere, punches me in the nose.

"UGH!" I moan, my hand covered in blood. "What the heck?!" I hit him back harder than he did and he repeats it. Soon after, we're in a fist fight and there are no teachers to stop us.

"NATSUME!" Ruka grabs my arm and I shrug it off. "Stop it!"

"Back off Ruka!" I kick Yuzuru on the side and he charges at me soon after.

"I hate you Hyuuga, it's all your fault!" Yuzuru yells sweat drizzling down his face and anger expressed as he slams into me.

"I TRIED. HOW WOULD I KNOW?!" I yell back.

"Hyuuga, you're so dumb." Imai mutters as she gets out her Baka gun and places some kind of dart in the barrel.

I slam my fist into his face one last time until something shoots me in the arm and I go numb. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I should have listened to her..."

Everything goes black.

...

I lock the door to my room and remain in my blankets. I don't want to see anyone or do anything. I'm done.

The clock ticks and I think about the events that led up to this point.

Natsume being born. Natsume having an Alice. Natsume meeting Mikan. Natsume being left behind. Natsume done living.

The air has been taken from my lungs, my mouth, my body. My mind is blank, the walls are blank, the air is blank. I can't hear a single thing.

It's as if I'm slowly dying and I'm remembering the little things.