Save Me/17/Sing For Me

Anime quote:

"When I began thinking of him as I fell asleep, I stopped having nightmares. I began to look forward to seeing him. For the first time since I arrived here, I was happy."

-Asuna(Sword Art Online)

"You know... if you marry someone, that means you love every side of your significant other that you already know. So if you find a new side afterwards to love, doesn't that mean that you'll love your partner even more?"

-Kazuto Kirigaya(Sword Art Online)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikan

I slept wonderfully last night, and I couldn't stop grinning at my engagement ring. It had three diamonds that were each crimson red, the same color as Natsume's eyes. I felt like crying all over again once I set my eyes on them. I couldn't help but gaze at them in wonder, early in the morning. It was the first time I felt happy since that time.

We still had a few more days left for the festival. I decided to look for Hotaru.

I got up from bed and looked through my closet. I felt like wearing something light and comfortable. Today was hot and windy so I went with a vivid orange top and white skirt. I placed a vest on and placed some comfy pink sandals. I put my hair up and headed out the door with a banana in hand.

I nibbled on it on my way out and I came face to face with Mitsuru Yuzu. I decided to shorten his last name because it sounded too similar to his first name.

"Hey." I greet a little squeamishly. I brushed my bangs out of my face in embarrassment. I'd never seen him without his uniform before. Even on the day of the R.P.G, he still wore his uniform.

Right at the moment he wore some shorts and a plain black flannel with a matching grey tie. He looked stunning and it caught me off guard. Even his hair was brushed a little.

"Hn. Nice outfit, Mi-chan." he said with a hint of a blush. I blushed as well; my eyes landed on the floor. I still didn't get over the fact that he now had 4 free wishes that I had to grant for him. "Where are you headed?"

"Mm... well, I was going to see Hotaru. Maybe, see some of the other classes." I muttered, with an awkward cough. He looked at me and smiled. It made me stop and stare at him. "What?"

"You look happy today." He didn't even ask anything more and that's what made me a bit concerned. He seemed to know something I didn't know.

"Where were you headed?" I decided to ask as I took a few steps away from him. A few seconds later, he joined me and matched my pace.

"I was going to visit the food stalls." He said. I took a glance at him and saw him drool. It made me laugh silently.

"Pft. Was there a certain food in mind?"I giggled. He shook his head and looked at me.

"Yeah... I wanted some Howalon." He widened his eyes as he realized his mistake.

He hadn't been here long enough to have tried Howalon. How would he have known?

"A friend... said they were delicious." He said quietly. I nodded and left it alone.

"They are!" I grinned, "Natsume always scolds me about eating too many! But they are sooooo goood!!" I stretched my arms over my heads as I described the fluffy candy.

Then we fell silent as we saw many students placing fliers on the walls of the classes. I hadn't even noticed but we were out in the quad. It was colorful and beautiful. Of course, I was too busy out by Central Town where the festival is always held and ignored the fact there is also many extracurricular activities here in the quad of the school.