Save Me/29/Hair

Dedicated to:  hanabixtakao123

Thanks for readingXD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anime quote:

"It's equivalent exchange. I'll give you half of my life, so you give me half of yours."

"You're really stupid. You want half? I'll give you all of it!"

Edward and Winry(Full metal alchemist)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikan

"I know we are not wanted. But will you listen to her voice?" Izaya glances at me and cues me on. He holds my hand to amplify my Alice. I hesitate to open my mouth. I think of them and what they have done for me. Then at the village people, there are kids here too. They all possess powerful and rare Alices. What am I doing? "Hurry up Mikan. Sing." Izaya clenches his teeth at me and I freeze.

Little kids gaze at me in bewilderment. How can I steal their Alices?

"Don't forget your agreement, Baka."

My mind turns blank and I try to remember what it is that I came here for. That's right I promised to Joshua that I'd help him, in exchange he'd leave my friends alone. I told him I'd do anything for them. That's what I'm here for.

I open my mouth and sing for the people, I'm sorry I plead in my mind. I'll steal your Alices but I promise I'll return them on day. I tell them in my mind. They don't hear anything but my singing and it breaks my heart to see their eyes. They don't suspect a single thing at all. Nothing. When I'm done. They clap and smile. I see their tattered clothing and their huts. What are they doing here? Why?

I still don't know enough. "Let's go." Izaya clenches my hand tightly. He sounds angry. He should be, I hesitated. It'll be my fault if they fail.

"Did I steal them?" I whisper carefully. He nods and shows me the bag. The bag of Alice stones. My heart drops. How can I do this?

"We came here to save you."

Don't cry. Don't cry. You are doing this for a reason. I repeat but the tears come anyways. I cry silently and clench the hand that clenches my own. He doesn't say a word until we enter the helicopter.

"Great Job." he mumbles, looking at the ground. I wonder if he feels ashamed too. I can't believe I did that. "You didn't hurt them at least. They won't know for a while."

"And when they do? What then? They'll know and I'll have to remember their smiles for the rest of my life." I hug my knees and hide my face. "But thanks for trying to comfort me." I mumble and he nods.

We stay silent for the rest of the ride back. I'm not ready to get out then. He calls Joshua who grins at the news. He says stuff to me but I can't hear a word and he even laughs a the sight of the Alice stones. "These will last us an eternity."

I question that. Doesn't he know that stones are limited unless amplified?

"When's my next mission?" I say under my breath. He stops and grins slowly.

"I just came up with a great idea. Are you up for it?" I nod and he laughs.

Suddenly I remember something. I fall to the ground and flashes cross my mind. A little boy, a mother, and a father. A little boy who looks just like his father. His mother is dying... I can tell because she coughs a lot and looks weak. His father is sad because she's dying. The little boy doesn't know a thing.