Save Me/28/Mutual Understanding

Did everyone have a lovely break??? I hope so! All I did was sleep, eat, and sleep some moreXD

Here ya goXD

Anime quote:

"I want to believe that memories, even sad and painful ones, should not be forgotten forever."

Momiji Sohma( Fruits Basket)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsume

I'm running through the Sakura woods and find nothing yet again. No trace of her.

She must have gone outside the Academy. Ah... I miss her so much.

I sprint again until I get to our tree. It's all bruised up and old but it's as beautiful as the last time I saw it. 

So far, it's been a couple days since Mikan has been here and the school as been in uproar. No one knows what's happening. All we know is that all of the teachers have been missing and all that's left is Narumi and Shiki. By now, no one has heard of the High School Principal, Kazumi Yukihara. Bear, who has fully recovered has no memory of where he had been and seems to be as confused as we are.

It's too bad he didn't get to see Mikan. There would have also been problems that came with that because she would have found out about her Jicchan and I can't let that happen by all costs.

I can't afford to hurt her more than I already have.

Jumping up in the tree, I rest for a bit to think about what I should do. 

Where could Mikan have gone?

She left nothing behind. I saw that she had taken everything from her room and the only thing left of her is her strawberry scent on her blankets. Don't ask how I know that...

Anyways, there is no lead on her at all except the cameras Imai has implanted on her clothes.

That's right! Imai has them! I don't know why I didn't just talk to her about it.

I jump off the tree and land on my feet like a cat. This is the exact moment when I see him.

He stops right in front of me out of nowhere.

"..." Yuzuru glares daggers at me. I avoid his gaze and say nothing as well. I'm ashamed for some reason. Ever since that time that girl showed me that vision with the family of four I haven't been able to look him in the eye.

I clench my fists until I feel pain, "Um..." I hide my eyes in my bangs and lower my shoulders. What would Mikan do at this moment? When you admit something terrible you did? "I'm... uh..."

"..." He's waiting and getting irritated every passing second.

I bow a little and walk to the side, "Sorry." I whisper and walk with my head bowed down. 

I don't know him but how could he possibly have done anything to Mikan? Those tears he showed were purely genuine. I have to admit he loves her just as much as I do; that he cares for her too so... for now, I can trust him.

"Hold on." He yells after me.

I turn around and he grabs a hold of my collar, pushing me against a tree. "...?" I'm surprised and ready for another fist but he only holds a heavy, angry, and irritated look on his face. It's like looking at a mirror, I swear. It makes me uncomfortable.

"I won't let you off the hook, but for now I have no choice. We have a common goal and it's better to work together than by ourselves. I realize that I am to blame as well because I wasn't cautious and I may have crossed the line the other day..." For some reason he looks embarrassed and it makes me laugh.