Save Me/57/Too bad at Goodbyes

Sorry it took so long. Honestly I forget about this story so hopefully it isn't half bad and please read the chapter before so you don't get confused because I sure did lol. Love you guys and enjoy.

"Being Alone is more painful than getting hurt"

-Monkey D. Luffy(One Piece:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They embrace for a long time and breathe in each other's scent. For so long they could not stand it and even longer when they were to meet again. 3 Days was more painful than when they weren't on speaking terms. Natsume called her every day after that one phone call. One in the morning when he woke up and one at night when he went to bed because he wanted to hear her voice and know she was okay; while Mikan was holding in the urge to call him and tell him to come asap because she couldn't stand it. It wasn't like he didn't want to come sooner. He had to take care of his father and make sure he fully recovered.

Fortunately he had started to recover as soon as Natsume came. His Alice had disappeared along with Aoi's and everyone else's. Since Mikan had practically erased every Alice there was, their father recovered well. He hugged his father who was lying asleep and woke him up to tell him the news.

His father laughed and rubbed his hair as if nothing was wrong and then Natsume's eyes watered like rivers when Aoi wasn't looking.

Natsume told his father of everything and how he wanted to come but knew his father would understand the circumstance. Mikan was in trouble and he had faith that Aoi would take care of him through and through.

"Yes of course, I am fine now! Sorry, false alarm." He grins, sweat running down his face. Soon after that he passed out and it turned out that it was Alice poisoning but he was definitely getting better-according to Aoi.

Then, everything went back to normal. Aoi went back to school and Natsume did most of the cooking, chores, cleaning etc. When his father fully recovered Natsume packed his things in a rush to see Mikan but he thought of something.

It had been a long time since he'd thought of something like that in a long time.

He starting thinking about how it wasn't fair that he was able to see his parents while the students remained at school confined like animals when there was no need for that anymore.

"Dad." He called out, dropping his underwear on top of the pile of clothes and ran out. He crashed into him, "Oof."

"Woah there, what's wrong Natsume? Need help packing your things?"

"No but..."

From then on, he made a lot of phone calls-actually just to Principal Yukihira-which put the plan into motion. His father had crinkles at the edge of his lips in response to his son. Natsume glared at him but his father pulled him in for a hug-he was clearly proud of his decisions.

"You've grown up, without me."

Natsume lightly punched him on the shoulder but let his father hold him in his arms. It had been a long time since they had a proper meeting like this.

"Come with me." He muttered under his breath.

His father chuckled, "I was going to, whether you liked it or not."

Aoi's head poked out behind the door and they make eye contact, "What's going on?"

.

.

.

Mikan gives Natsume an Eskimo kiss.

He presses his forehead against hers softly and closes his eyes.