Save Me/24/Mistakes

Book recommendations: Eleanor & Park/Everything Everything/All the Bright Places

Try reading one of these, I love them so muchXD

Anime quote:

"If you hurt me, then so be it. Do you think there is any human in the world who has never hurt another? You are all so kind... It hurts you to hurt others. That is why I had been hiding my pain, as well."

-Bishamon(Noragami)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsume

I kneel down and cover Bear up in bundles of blankets. I touch my lips which are still warm. It's cold in here but I'm not shivering. 

I don't know what happened out there but I can't say that I'm worried. I thought it was completely random what Mikan said and did. She usually never initiates a kiss. It is always me who starts but it's not like I'm angry. In fact, I'm feeling a little happy, only her expression was a little off. Nowadays I can't seem to know what she's thinking and that was never a problem before. It looks like she's fighting something but it also looks like she doesn't need my help.

I don't know what to do at all. But right at this moment I have to trust her and take care of Bear. Only he knows the answers to where her grandfather is.

His glossy eyes have recovered their usual dark hue but his body is faded. He's spent too much time in that bank and who knows were he came from. All we know is that Jicchan is clearly in danger and it must have something to do with the Alice Hunters.

Alice Hunters also mean... Joshua.

...

"Hyuuga... what have you been up to?" Imai confronts me as she sits down with her tray of sloppy Joe. Everyone else eyes me with wide pupils and they stop to eat whatever they're eating. Ruka crosses his arms, he's upset that I haven't told him anything. 

Oh, great.

Its come, they'll probably scold me as soon as they hear what I have to say.

"Youichi and I have found Bear." I'm careful to talk softly because there are other people in the cafeteria. "He's in my room right now but he isn't looking so good."

"I thought Bear was with Jicchan and they were missing..." Ruka chomped on his apple. "Why didn't you tell us?..."

"I told you now. Did you know, Imai?" I question her back and she shrugs.

"I may or may not have some bots around your room..."

Goosebumps raise the hair on my arms and soon I keep quiet. I don't even know why I'm that surprised.

"I have cameras in everyone's room and it seems that Mikan didn't sleep in hers last night."

Again, we stop eating and I look down at my food. "What? I saw her yesterday. She-"

She kissed me.

"I don't know where she is, it looks like her Alice unconsciously nullified my cameras. I don't even know how that's possible unless..."

"-Someone jammed the signal." I finish the sentence and she nods. 

"It seems to me that someone knows we're watching." She frowns as she dives into her Sloppy Joe without mercy. Ruka and I glance at each other. We're not smiling. Either someone has taken Mikan or she just didn't sleep in her room and I know for a fact that she is not one to miss roll call at curfew.

As soon as I'm done, I leave Bear to Ruka and Imai so that I can be left to care for Mikan. I head straight for her room. It's closed and quiet in the room but I open it anyways. It's locked so I get out my key and it slides open without a second to waste. I hold my breath.