Save Me/27/For Them

Hey, Everyone. Today's my Birthday, so here's my gift to you all:)

Anime quote:

"The moment you find the courage to give up your life for someone... would be the moment you understand love."

-Himura Kenshin(Rurouni Kenshin)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's wrong Mikan?" Hotaru sat by me. I was plucking the petals of a daisy. I had just recovered all of my memories and getting ready to head off to the Academy.

All of a sudden, tears poured out in ripples across my face.

"I'm scared." I shuddered, dropping the petals and the flower on the ground. It scattered everywhere, on my feet.

"Why?" She mumbled softly, like her voice could break me. "What are you scared of?"

"My memories being taken away." I said through my sobs. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder and leaned against me.

"Don't worry. You're strong. We'll overcome the obstacles." She smiled. I shook my head.

"And what if it happens again? What will I do? What will happen if someone takes you all away from me?"

"Don't worry, we'll always be here. Who else will take care of you Baka?" She wiped my tears and I wailed in her arms.

Natsume sat on the other side of me and wrapped his arms around me too.

"Yeah Polka... We'll never let someone take us away easily." He kissed my head, "I'll protect you, from everything that threatens you, that's dangerous, that's evil. I won't let anything touch you."

That's what they said but they knew too well that something would come like it always does. Something terrible, horrible, undeniably devastating.

"Are you ready, my flower?" Joshua hums. He gathers my brown hair in his hands and smells it. I try not to show the sour look on my face. He really is proud that I have given it all up.

Little did he know that I have something that he doesn't.

Brains. Well... actually I'm not that smart but I'm smarter than Joshua at least!

"Ready as I'll ever be." I roll my eyes as I tuck my hair in my gray beanie. He smirks and talks in the microphone.

At the moment, we are in a helicopter ready to steal some Alices in another Academy on the other side of the world; America.

Joshua has told me many things after that day with the Book of Alice. Of course I didn't talk about it with him but one of the Hunters told him to explain the origin of brands. Not like I care but it could serve to be useful later.

Anyways, he talks fast as we head towards America. He talks about how brands we first made by an Alice user who made brands from Alice stones.

"How?" I ask. He scratches his hair.

"He was able to create some sort of symbols that... created power; Alices. We first tested his Alice stone. We broke it into little pieces and from that powder, we mixed it in the emblem and inscribed them into our skin. Wah-la, came forth Alice Brands. At first only specific people were fit to handle Alice Brands such as it works with Alice stones but we were able to figure out a way to do so. By using the compatibility Alice which we later found."

"So you just borrowed Alices from people you knew? How did you steal them?" Almost instantly I regretted asking that question.

He laughed hysterically. I had to cuff my ears because it had grown so loud and powerful that it shook me.