Save Me/53/Peace

"You have to do the things you don't want to do before you can do the things you truly want to do."

-Tsutomu Komano(Chihayafuru)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, let's begin." Uncle Yukihara clears his throat and glances nervously at all the teachers. Even after weeks of recovery, their bandages are still exchanged from time to time because of the bad bruises. Fortunately, they were recovering very well for the physical trauma they endured throughout the time they were with the Hunters but many had found out that as a result... well let's just save that for later.

The public starts to chatter among themselves as a silence follows.

A reporter opens his mouth to get the meeting started, "Principal Yukihara, is it true that Alice Academy will shut down after the incident with the Alice Hunters?!" while sticking his microphone towards him even though there are microphones in front of all the teachers.

"That is in fact not true. We are figuring out how to fix this whole mess." Jinno sensei answers sternly, annoyed with this whole situation.

"What about the students? How are they affected?"

"We are working to help them through therapy in hopes of minimizing trauma." Subaru Imai says as calmly as he can.

Another reporter decides to shout over all the others, "Alice Academy has been facing charges for the assault of student Sakura Mikan and Yuzuru Takumi. What will you do?"

They stop and look at each other with a questioning look.

Narumi frowns, "Let me tell you straight that we value our students' lives very dearly and we've taken this matter into our hands and we promise that there won't be a situation like this ever again."

...

After the meeting ended, Principal Yukihara asked the teachers to come in his office to discuss an issue outside the interviews.

"Ugh..." He settles down in his chair and leans on his polished desk. The coffee dispenser pours out the familiar scent of coffee beans which sends a calming scent which eases the tension. "Now, let's cover the real problems here."

"We've made multiple announcements already. We can't stall any longer." Narumi slumps down on a chair and everyone follows.

They clench their hands.

Jinno rubs the bridge of his nose in discomfort, "Where will they go? How do we fix this? We've completely screwed up."

"There is always a solution." Yukihara says with barely a hint of hope.

"Stop with your preaching, we need answers!!!" Narumi snaps slamming his feet on the ground and balling up his fists. "These students are scared and having lived with these Alices all their lives are now faced with the reality of things. How can we tell them, 'oh sorry... you don't have an Alice anymore so you have to go to another school?'"

"We don't have to tell them that."

On cue, a knock echoes throughout the door.

A girl with wavy brown hair comes in, her eyes beaming. "Uncle! We've heard the news."

"Mikan, stay outside for a minute please." He rubs his forehead in frustration; out of all the people, he doesn't want her to listen in on this.

"But you have to see this-"

"Mikan-"

"Please?!"

He stands up and follows the girl because he knows she'll stubbornly bug him until he complies.