fifteen - skies full of stars

Tyler is worried. Josh hasn't been to school in a week. He hasn't been to the swing set and it's driving Tyler crazy. Tonight, it's Friday. A week ago, Josh was thrown into a pool of freezing water and that was the last time Tyler saw him.

Now, he's laying in his bed and reading the last entries from Josh's journal. He's fighting back tears, he's fighting back the urges but he crashes, he crumbles down and slices his wrists with every word he reads.

of fucking course, my sister had to erase all my music off of my phone. I don't know what I'm going to do. music is the only thing I have left. I'm always blasting something in my ears and to be honest, if it weren't for music, I don't know how I would've fought this. the day I lose my music, is the day I die. this time, I've got a good plan. not like last time where I chickened out and swallowed half a bottle. this time, I'm taking both and there's no way I'm surviving this.

Tyler doesn't want to think about the idea of Josh lying dead somewhere. Everything he's learned about the boy makes him more and more intrigued and if he's honest with himself, he doesn't want to know a world without Josh Dun. He's been there and it's not pretty.

Tyler leaves his house, putting on the mask that creates facelessness and he's on his way to the park. When he reaches the swings, he waits. He waits for what might be the slim chance of Josh showing his face tonight. But he doesn't and Tyler just stares at the empty swing beside him, cursing himself. He should have stopped them, he should have done something, anything at all, to help Josh. But instead, he stood there like a coward.