seventy eight - a kiss on the cheek

Tyler showed Josh to the basement where they had been a spare bedroom. Now, Tyler had spent all summer setting it up perfectly. Based on everything he ever remembered or had known about Josh, he put it together to make him a home.

"I know you've never had a real home," Tyler began as he watched Josh sit down on the freshly made bed. "So, I built you this, while you were gone."

Josh looked around and tears began rolling down his cheeks as he gazed upon the baby blue walls that were cornered by a thick scarlet red line. On a little dark wooden table, there was a book that laid quietly. Josh grabbed it and opened it, recognising the writing.

"That's my journal."
"It is. I'm sorry, there's a few of pages missing...I don't want to bring back the past-"
"Tyler, it's okay."
"There's one more thing..."

Josh was sitting in anticipation as he waited for Tyler to finish his sentence.

"Look under the pillow, Josh."

Josh turned and lifted the pillow and there sat another book, one that Josh had never seen before.

"What-what is that?"
"Take a look and see for yourself, sweetie."

Josh blushed at the nickname and brought the book closer to him, flipping it to the very first page.

dear journal,

after seeing the person i love most get by with the the help of a journal, i thought i'd give it a shot. so josh, if you're reading this, here's my story of how i fell in love with you.