sixty one - holding on to you

You never really understand death until you've it, right before your very eyes; a life being devourred and disappearing forever. Some say that's the worst part, but the truth is: it gets much worst. What really kills you is the aftermath, which contains the constant sleepless nights you spend tossing and turning, afraid to fall asleep and be faced with the demons of the memories reappearing and being relived over and over again in your mind.

We say it's supposed to get better with time. That the magic of the clock will heal all pain. At some point, you'll be capable of walking down and no longer feel tears pool behind your eyelids at the sight of everything they once loved. That is, of course, if you knew the person. If the soul that vanished in front of you held any meaning in your life.

But, if you're anything like Josh, you were madly in love with the boy that passed away in his arms. After even a hundred centuries, he'd never be able to get his smile out of his mind; like a tattoo, it's permanently etched in his memory. It became a part of you, one you'd never want to lose.

That's why, after all of this, he's still holding on to him and he's never planning on letting go.