twenty eight - silent in the trees

Tyler is laying in bed, soaking in his own blood. His arms are covered in cuts, horizontal cuts from his wrists to his shoulders. He feels numb yet both his arms sting. The world is burning around him yet he's so cold. He falls asleep, out of weakness and blood lost more than anything else. He doesn't want to wake up. His hands are clutching Josh's journal and he can't breathe.

Josh went to school. He doesn't know if that was the best decision but it beats staying home and being beaten nearly half to death by his parents. So, there he is, finding himself walking through the doors of hell. Everyone laughs at him, they call him names but he's too far gone to even give a shit.

He sits through pointless classes then he heads home. He stays in his room, locked away. Why should he even bother to leave his house? I mean, who is he kidding, that boy doesn't care. He never will and Josh simply doesn't blame him. He's a fucking joke and it's written in stone.

Tyler is swinging, letting the cold wind hit his face. He keeps staring at the swing next to him, there's dried up vomit not too far away with dozens and dozens of pills melted within. He wishes Josh would come back. He needs to see him. But he doesn't. So, Tyler swings by himself till the night swallows him away and he's shivering. He heads home, quietly and sadly. He doesn't know what to do.