ninety seven - hallelujah

In the next town over, Josh and Tyler got off the bus finally free of all their troubles. Of course, that was only temporary since they couldn't runaway forever, but right now, it was all that mattered. Walking around, neither of them knew where they were going but they had each other and that each other and that's all that mattered. 

The night was beginning to fall and they were still on the street, shivering slightly when wind hit Joshua's bare arm. Tyler grabbed his hand and pulled him closer, rubbing his skin against his arm to induce friction, hoping to warm him up. He led them to the only place he knew they'd be safe: the nearest swing set. Upon their arrival, they sat on the swings and suddenly, all their worries disappeared and it was only the two of them.

"Josh?"

Tyler whispered, his voice cracked from the lack of words he'd spoken that day and Josh looked at him, a little scared.

"I love you. I just, I don't care if I'm not your first, as long as I'm your last."

Josh got up and marched towards Tyler, the other boy not even waiting before jumping in his arms. The two of them holding each other tightly, Josh's arm made it's way down Tyler's back who let out a whimper, opening his mouth to kiss the other boy's blue lips. They lost control and were guided by lust.