ninety three - starboy

Josh helped Tyler upstairs, making a pit stop to the bathroom where he treated his wounds. Tyler winced and clutched his eyes until the pain temporarily disappeared. Josh looked around for something to hold Tyler's broken finger but he couldn't find anything. He sighed and used some medical tape to hold them together.

When they reached the kitchen, Josh sat him down in front of a big plate of food. Tyler ate quickly, tasting every molecule with great pleasure. Josh refused to eat. He never felt right each time, something in him - a voice - kept reminding him he wasn't worthy and didn't deserve any food. No matter how many times Tyler told him otherwise.

"Did you make this?"
"Yeah, I got up early and I thought you could use a fresh meal."

Tyler enjoyed the sweet French toast. Josh didn't pay attention to the bandage on Tyler's arm, he noticed it but chose to ignore it. He hurried to clean up before sitting back in front of Tyler.

"Were getting out of here. We have to leave."
"No. I-I cant just abandon my family."

"Tyler, listen. They'll find us, Nix-" Josh swallowed back down his words and filled in the blanks before Tyler could notice. "They have evidence and stuff."

"Okay, fine. When do we leave?"
"In an hour."

Both boys went downstairs and began packing the essentials. They were heading down a dark road no one could have ever prepared them for.