eighteen - at the top of our lungs

Tyler is swinging quietly. He read the letter or note, or whatever the fuck he should be calling this, at least a dozen times. He doesn't want Josh to die, he couldn't live with himself. So, he waits and he hopes Josh will come say goodbye.

It's been an hour but Josh manages to throw his bike against the tree and walk towards the swing, sitting next to the boy in the white mask. They swing quietly for a little bit until Tyler breaks the ice. He doesn't speak, he doesn't have a voice, but he does stand up and hand Josh something.

"What's this?"

Josh grabs it and reads the CD case. No Phun Intended. He's never heard of it but by the time he looks back up to thank the boy, he catches his shadow in the wind.

That night, Josh played the CD on repeat till he fell asleep. The voice was so calm and soothing, he's never heard it before. He looked at the pill bottles on his nightstand but didn't bother to open them. Instead, he played the music in his ears, tapping along on his thighs before falling asleep.

When he woke up, he smiled. He wanted to go to school, he wanted, no he needed, to find that boy. No matter how hard it might be, he desperetly needed it. For once, there was someone in this world that didn't hate him nor curse his existence. That was something special and Josh was to cherish that in everyway.