forty seven - make a sound

Josh heads back inside, still trembling and trying to process everything that happened. When he reached his locker, he sees a brown envelope opening it to pull out an exam review and a note.

hey josh,

i'm happy to see you're alright. i'm about to go eat breakfast, i brought you an apple. it's in your bag. also, your bike is parked in front of the school. i brought it back for you. stay safe, we'll meet tonight.

-the boy in the white mask

Josh opens his bag and takes out the apple, eating it. He doesn't bother to even go home, straight to the swings. He biked faster than ever before when he finally reached it, he sat and cried on the swing. He needed this moment alone, to be with his dark thoughts.

The rustling of chains beside him brought him back to reality. It was the boy in- it was Tyler. Josh wiped his eyes and sniffled.

"H-hi"

Josh didn't speak. He was ashamed and humiliated.

"I'm sorry. I know how disappointed and angry you are. That's why I didn't want you to find out."

Josh took a deep breath and got up, now standing in front of the swing, in front of Tyler.

"You're weak. You're fucking weak. You hid behind a mask, a fake identity, why? To try and deny all the fucking pain and misery you caused me. You're the reason I hate coming to school, you're the reason why I scarred my wrist. You're the fucking reason why the whole school thinks I'm a joke. You exploited my journal, for my purpose? Look around, Tyler, you're nothing but a fucking kid. You're weak and you always will be."

Josh turned around and walked away, hopping in his bike and leaving Tyler behind.