thirty - true mouthpiece

Josh can't think clearly. He can't get the taste of the boy in the mask's lips out of his head but he doesn't want to either. This is his first kiss. The first time anyone ever put their lips on his and he doesn't understand why. His face is caked with blood and filled with bruises and cuts yet to that boy, all he could think about was kissing him.

He runs this in his head over and over again. The way the boy's hands grabbed his face and pulled him close. The way he put his lips on his and then it was magical. Josh closed his eyes and relaxed into the feeling, the taste, and the sensation. Then, it was over and the boy was running. He was running before Josh could do anything. Though, no one can take this away, ever.

Josh is walking through the hall with his heads in the clouds when he hears it. He hears the music coming from the music room. The door is closed and there are no windows but he recognizes the sound. The melody is identical to the one he's been listening to on repeat. Everything in him wants to barge in and find the boy who hides behind the white mask but he's distracted by the bell.

He wants to stay but if he's late, he's going to have a detention and he can't afford that. So, against his will, he runs. Runs, towards his science class before the door shuts and he's fucked, again.