twenty four - beauty of a secret

Josh sat on the swing, he had tears in his eyes and he was embarrassed. He wiped them away countlessly, but they just reappeared. By the time Tyler got there, he was sniffling and using the sweater paws of Tyler's hoodie to cover his eyes. Tyler quickly grew worried as he sat beside Josh, seeing him in tears. He couldn't control himself, he stood up and hugged Josh tightly at his silent whimpers.

"Sor-sorry."

Tyler just gripped him tighter. And in the moment Josh wrapped his arms around Tyler's waist, he lost it completely. Tyler's arms were around Josh's neck and he hid his face in the crease of Josh's neck. No one would ever know, right?

"It's just, I wrote you a letter. But these fucking guys burned it. Along with my review for my exam so my parents are gonna beat the shit out of me and I just, I don't know what to do."

Josh pulled away and wiped his eyes once more, Tyler staring into them. He caused this. He fucking did this. He hated himself in every way possible for the way he made Josh feel. He never realized how much this affected him.

He took a mental note of the tear stained cheeks that made up Josh's face and the way his heart beats out his chest. The way his anxiety devoured him inside out and the way he shook with fear at the thought of his own parents.

Tyler blamed himself and he'd never stop. He'd never fucking forgive himself for destroying this boy's life.