twenty one - night is dead

The next day, Josh opened his locker to find a pleasant surprise: a sandwich and an apple. He smiled at the thought of, not only eating but the fact that the boy had cared enough for him to bring him some food. So, when it came lunch time, Josh enjoyed a sandwich on the bench in front of his school. He didn't go to the cafeteria anymore, he didn't want to risk running into those guys.

When the day came to an end, Josh grabbed his backpack and sprinted home, anxious to get his hoemwork done so he could listenten to that CD again. When he unzipped his bag, he noticed an envolep which he then proceeded to open, surprised by its contents. Inside, he found a note.

josh,

I suppose the first step is getting rid of the weapon? I cut it up so you couldn't use it yourself, stay safe. hope to see you at the swings tonight, same time?

He noticed a blade cut up in tiny pieces taped onto the paper. The boy had cut up his blade, he was actually trying to get better. That made Josh smile. He glanced at the clock and realized he only had an hour or so to get all his homework done before he needed to leave.

When he finally got to the park, he dropped his bike and ran to the swings, meeting the boy in the white mask. Josh had a huge smile spread across his face, he was so proud of him.

"I'm so proud of you!"

Josh spread his arms and gripped the boy tightly, ignoring the awkward position of him sitting on a swing. Josh just held his arms tightly around him and squeezed, shutting his eyes. He doesn't remember the last time he's held someone in his arms.

When Tyler wraps his arms back around the boy, he shivers, he's never been hugged before. This is the most exotic feeling he's ever felt and he doesn't want this to end.