thirty nine - sad and sober

Tyler was furious. There were no words to describe what he was feeling. There were no words to describe what he was about to do next, either.

"Mark, James, you got a second?"

They both stopped in the halls, smiling at Tyler.

"Hey, Tyler, heard about what happened with Connor, sorry, dude."

"It's cool, don't worry about it. A teacher heard us and stopped him before. Anyway, look what I found, Josh's journal."

"What? Give me that!"

Mark snatched it from his hands and began flipping through the pages vigorously, smirking at the words.

"Dude, I've got some plans."

They walked away satisfied and Tyler turned a cold shoulder. He caught a glimpse of Josh and his heart fell apart. His pink hair was ruffled and he was wearing his basketball sweater. Tyler couldn't get the image of his arms out his mind, somehow he still found him fucking beautiful and no scar would ever change that or affect it. In fact, to him, his scars would mark his battle wounds. He was a fighter, a survivor.

Tyler was in his history and math class until the end of the day and that's when he saw it. The halls were filled with papers taped all over. Each page was a copy of an entry from Josh's journal. There were dozens and dozens, even hundreds of them all over the school.

Tyler was leaning against a locker, watching as everyone left their classes and read the entries. Josh stopped by his locker, catching a glimpse of it then tore the first one he saw. He turned around, looking at everyone with their mouths hanging and their judgemental looks. Then he spotted Tyler.

I fucking hate you. He mouthed and Tyler smirked before walking away, feeling satisfied at what he's done.