37-The end

2 weeks later;
-Jai-

The sound of loud crying woke me, making me groan. As well as Luke and Kristal.

I felt movement in the bed and I slowly blinked, getting used to the darkness.

I saw Kristal sitting up, about to leave.

I gently grabbed her forearm, and she looked at me.

"Go back to sleep, baby. I'll go" I whispered and sat up, kissed her cheek before getting out of bed.

She hummed and laid back down. I know how tired she must be, we barely get any sleep, but it's okay because it's all worth it in the end.

I walked out of the room and went into what used to be Beau's room, but now is the babies' room. Beau moved out a couple of days ago, with Chelsey.

I walked towards the babies' crib and saw Layla crying while Aiden was wide awake, now staring at me with big eyes.

He looked so much like Kristal, but my princess looks like me.

I picked up Layla in my arms, trying to calm her down, walking around the room, and apparently that seemed to work.

Her crying died down, and she was now staring up at me with curiosity.

I placed her back in her crib, next to Aiden, as they were still wide awake.

I slightly jumped when I felt a pair of arms wrapping around me form behind.

I turned around to look at Kristal, "Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked raising my eyebrows, but it sounded like I was scolding her, so she quietly giggled, making me smile.

"I can't" she whispered and pecked my lips.

"They don't want to sleep either" I said, referring to the babies.

She looked at them and smiled with adoration, "Hello, my babies" she cooed.

She started humming the tune of a lullaby, and moments later, the babies were peacefully sleeping.

"Finally" I sighed and turned to Kristal, wrapping my arms around her body.

She returned the hug, and buried her face in the crook of my neck, "I love you" she whispered and I smiled.

I hugged her even tighter, "And I love you" I replied, just above a whisper, loud enough for her to hear.

"Let's go back to bed" I said and she nodded, pulling away from our hug.

We made our way back to the room and laid down, cuddling before going back to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up and Kristal was still peacefully sleeping.

I admired her for a couple of minutes, planted a kiss on her forehead, before getting out of bed.

I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and did my business, before making my way downstairs, into the kitchen, where chatting was heard.

I saw mom carrying Aiden while Luke was carrying Layla.

"Good morning" I said, and they looked at me.

Mom smiled at me, "Good morning, sweetheart" she smiled.

"Go wake up Kristal, we have to talk" mom added and I frowned.

"Do I have to? I mean, she doesn't get a lot of sleep, so..." I trailed off, wanting to let mom know that I didn't wanted to interrupt Kristal's sleep.

" I trailed off, wanting to let mom know that I didn't wanted to interrupt Kristal's sleep