39- Confusion

-Kristal-

The next morning, I woke up in an empty bed and with a terrible headache.

I got out of bed, went into the bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I changed into a pair of light jeans, a plain baby pink shirt, and my black ankle boots, which had a not-so-tall heel.

I tied my hair up in a high ponytail, put on my silver earring, along with my silver chain, and a couple of bracelets.

I put on some deodorant, and a little bit of perfume before going into the twins' room.

As always, they were asleep.

I woke them up, which took like five minutes, but finally, they did.

I changed them into different clothes.

We went into the kitchen and I loved how they were so excited, and happy because they were seeing my their dad today.

We all ate cereal and after we were done, we sat down, waiting for Jai to come pick up the kids.

My phone started ringing and I answered the call, already knowing who was calling me.

"Hello" I simply said, hiding any emotion I was feeling.

"....Um, I'm here" Jai's deep, husky voice said and even after everything, I hated how his voice still had such a strong effect on me.

I hung up without saying anything and looked at the kids, who were looking at me, knowing what I was about to say.

"Daddy's here" I smiled and they stood up cheering.

I grabbed their hands and walked out the door, going down the stairs.

I walked towards Beau's jeep. There were the two of them, Jai and Beau, standing, waiting for us.

The kids ran towards Jai, who knelt down and opened his arms.

I walked towards Beau, who gave me a small smile before tightly hugging me.

We were still friends, close friends, but I've become closer to Luke.
I guess that it's because I see him every day.

"How are you?" He asked and I gave him a look, as if asking, 'What do you think?'

"I'm good" I simply said and he sighed.

I turned to look at Jai and my heart just melted at the sight of him.

He was now standing up, dressed in all black, his hair messy, and he hadn't shaved his facial hair, which made him look irresistible.

I stopped breathing when his eyes met mine.

His eyes looked so dull and sad, "Hi" he said and looked down.

I frowned and looked at the kids, who were just playing around

"Babies...I'm going to miss you two" I smiled and knelt down, hugging them.