38- The Past is in the past

2 years later;
-Kristal-

"Layla, don't eat that! That's poopie" I heard Luke scolding Layla and I chuckled, walking out of the kitchen and going into the living room.

Aiden was on Luke's back, slightly pulling his hair, and Layla was now sitting on Luke's lap, her eyes glued to the tv, where Rapunzel was playing.

"Kristal, tomorrow I'm leaving for work early and after I get out, I'm meeting Kiana at the airport" Luke reminded me and I nodded. I knew he was going on a vacation with his girlfriend for two weeks.

"I know, anyways, I'm taking the kids to Jai's place. I'll be by myself this weekend...yay" I said, the last words coming out sarcastic.

I tried my hardest to not show how much the mentioning of Jai hurts me, or just the thought of him.

I really thought he loved, but I wasn't enough for him.

I felt two warm hands on my cheeks, causing me to snap out of my trance.

I stared into Luke's eyes, who was staring into my eyes, knowing what I was thinking about.

"Don't" he simply said, kissing my forehead and wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

I took a deep, shaky breath, returning the hug and nodding my head.

"He's not worth it, he was an asshole" he whispered in my ear and I laughed, pushing him away.

"Watch it, Brooks" I playfully warned him.

"Oh, Luke...I'm taking the kids to the park" I reminded him, and instantly they started cheering, making me laugh.

"Can I go with you?" He asked and I nodded.

"Can you help me change them?" I aided and he nodded, picking up Aiden.

I picked up Layla, and we walked into the twins' room.

It was so different compared to when we first moved in.

Two small beds were on either side of the room, the walls were painted this beautiful aqua color.

Guess who helped me with the decorations and everything. Yes, Luke.

Luke has been so helpful and supportive, and him being here made things less...lonely.

After we changed the kids into comfortable clothes, we left them in the living room, watching the tv.

I felt my phone vibrating, so I took it out of my back pocket and saw that I had a text message from David.

I'm outside.

I quickly changed into jean shorts, a peach sweater, and my white converse.

I put on some deodorant and sprayed a little bit of perfume, before making my way back to the living room.