Chapter Twenty-Three

Bk: It was some hours before one of the doctors and a nurse came out. Tyler and Adrianna stood up so fast I didn't think it was possible to do it that fast. Adrianna bomb barded the doctor before he could say anything. "How is she? Is she okay? How's the Baby?!" I just looked at her and grabbed her hand "Calm down Adri. I'm sure the doctor will tell us" "Really bk, how are you gonna tell me to calm down I don't know what's going on with my best friend" I let go of her hand stepping back and leaned against the wall next to Tyler and waited for the doctor or nurse to start talking.

Tyler: "Doc.. How is she.. is everything alright.." I legit prepared myself for the worse because when I was pushed out of the room it wasn't looking good. "Mr. Hubbard, Mr & Mrs. Kelley. The baby is alright, she's in CCU, with a breathing machine to help her breath.." "I have a daughter?" I smiled so big my cheeks hurt. "She don't have a name yet, so you will have to give her a name..when you go see her" "Why didn't Savannah name her?" I looked at Adrianna, "Now Tyler maybe she wanted to wait until you got to see her to name her." "You're right." "Mr.Hubbard... The reason why your wife didn't name her is because she passed away when she was delivering..I'm so sorry.." I slid down the wall putting my hands on my face and cried so hard. "No no no no, this isn't real.." Adrianna was balling at this point "We tried everything we could to keep her alive. She just didn't make it. I'm so sorry." He walked away. I cannot believe she didn't make it. What am I gonna do, I can't take care of this baby on my own. I got up and started walking towards the nursery. I looked at the babies through the window and I smiled. One of the nurses peeked around the corner "You're a daddy" I was still semi-crying a little and all I did was smile and nod my head. "Hubbard is the last time" I manage to get out. "alright follow me" she gave me the "come here finger" and I followed her. She walked over to where there was a baby in an incubator with a breathing mask hooked up to her "She's doing a lot better. Doctor says that she will be taken off the breathing mask in like 20 mins. She's been breathing on her own a little bit. The breathing mask only has so much air coming out of it. So she's doing a lot better than she was when she was born." That's when I lost it. I covered my face with one of my hands. while I slid my hand in the incubator and stroked my daughter little cheek "You still have to pick a name Tyler" Adrianna said as she came in. She scared the crap out of me. "I know.." is all I said as I looked down at my baby.