Chapter 1: In a pinch.

I slept comfortably, woke up blissfully, ate my fill, nourished the little guy in my stomach and from time to time I'd ask some books and scrolls to study this world's history, geography, culture and some necessary information.

This cycle continued for some days-- as of today, the news about the first wife Lou Fui Rong giving birth is spreading like a virus from the maids mouth. I wanted to take a look at what she'll be like after giving birth, or how high her scream would be.

I called on for my maid, and proceed to go to Madam Lou's Residence.

When I arrived at her residence the servants were all running in and out, a muffled scream could be heard inside. It seems like its a not a steady birth. General Dou was already here walking back and forth at the side. Skyne Lily who just arrived, looked at General Dou's panicked appearance and her face turned bitter.

Lily is a 16 year old girl with a snow like skin, cherry like lips but stubborn eyes, she is also quite competitive but she hasn't gone as far as poisoning someone nor pushing. She willingly married General Dou, unlike me.

While thinking this, Madam Lou's piercing cries startled me. My face pales as I could somehow feel her pain, my hand reflexively hold my swollen stomach--- W-will I also have a hard time giving birth?

"AAAAAAAAaaaaaH!!" Her cries of agony resounded through the whole residence, the nearby servants halted their task for a moment and looked towards Madam Lou's residence, shaking their heads they goes back on their tasks. General Dou stopped pacing back and forth, and stared at the closed door with a worried face. While Lily clutched her stomach with a pale face.

'Ah, I feel you....'

"Uwaaa- Aaaaah" the cries of a baby finally resounded, replacing Madam Lou's piercing cries. Hearing this General Dou couldn't help but storm in, I followed him inside. As soon as I entered, the most eye catching thing was the lady on the pool of blood. Fui Rong was unconscious jade like face was deathly pale and her blood flowed nonstop...The female doctor also noticed it and shouted. She handed the baby on a disciple, then quickly went towards Fui Rong.

"Master, Madam Skyne, and Madam Cheng please do pardon, but Madam Lou is in critical condition!!"The Female doctor Lola quickly said, as she immediately started chanting in front of Lou Fui Rong.

A quick-witted disciple of Doctor Lola pushed the three of us outside while coaxing General Dou, saying some things to ease the mood.

"General Dou, please do not worry although Master said that Madam Lou is in critical condition, It's just a piece of cake for Master Lola." The disciple said, as she closed the doors.

"Hmm... well, giving birth is really not an easy thing." Lily murmured as she look at me, I reflexively hold my stomach and frown.

Mofo! how could it be easy to give birth?!! And hey!! you're also close at giving birth!!

I looked back at Lily with an expressionless face. She then ignored me and looked back at the door, General Dou has still this worry stricken face of his.

Woah~~ Don't tell me this guy is really in love with Fui Rong? No, no, no way.... afterall he still touched other woman, if you truly and honestly love someone you would feel guilty doing other deeds.

I could faintly hear Doctor Lola's hurried voice, and her disciples hurried footsteps.

After one hour....

Uuh.... Dafuq? I'm also pregnant you know? And just one month before giving birth, it's bad for me to stand too much, and this maid on my side is as silent as rock? Is this maid's brain made out of peas? Ugh... guess I have to pardon myself--