Chapter 30: The Play

A/n: Haa.... I dunno when's the next update. But I'll probably update when I can breath easily. (I'm still processing my college and scholarship admission.)

Btw, I got my SNH scholarship! Hooray to me!

***

Zu Matriarch, Zu Shu was a genius cultivator who rose with her own hard work. From a young age, she had great passion towards martial arts and pursued it as if her whole life depended on it. With her family's background she was given the best of resources and shone brilliantly, and that was when she saw the cruelty inside her Clan. Her fellow Martial brother and Sisters were killed mercilessly, their body was mutilated, some were beheaded, some were 'disgraced' before being killed, she could only wail at their long Cold body. Her household had schemed against her own fellow martial practitioner so that her position would be unshakable.

Zu Matriarch could feel her head throbbing as she had wanted to finish this trouble in one swift move, she planned to bribe Rui Wei so she wouldn't pursue the matter anymore. Their Zu Clan's internal affair much needed her attention so she just couldn't care less as to what kind of expert was in front of her.

But Rui Wei had given her an information that she couldn't ignore. Rui Wei provided her the information of the 1st, 2nd and 4th households movements that had escaped her eyes.

Although Zu Clan Matriarch did not want to believe Rui Wei's words, after personally checking it herself, she was astonished. All of the information that Rui Wei provided were real!

There was only one thought inside the Zu Clan's Matriarch head.

'Are all experts really this bored, that they would randomly stalk people!?'

After that, the Zu Clan Matriarch could finally relax as with the information that Rui Wei had provided, she had the Clan's internal affairs within palms. With Rui Wei's information Zu Matriarch could plan ten steps ahead of her Clan, she then proceeded to block the plans of the other household and had them focus on cultivating. The Zu Clan Matriarch hated Internal Affairs as the young geniuses would be the cannon fodder for this kind of things.

And so after that, Rui Wei got comfortable inside the Zu Clan and visited frequently in the past few days.

*

After Rui Wei discussed the preparations for the Birthday Celebration of Ruzi and Zu Shu's Grandson, Rui Wei stood up and bid her a goodbye.

"Well that was the main purpose of my visit~ I still have some business to finish so I'll be going now." Rui Wei said, as she casually picked up the dazed Ruzi.

Rui Wei's figure blinked as she disappeared from the room. The door was closed, and so is the window.

Within the Zu Matriarch, Zu Shu's head, Rui Wei's image had just been placed higher. That kind of high-level Martial Skill just confirmed her doubts that Rui Wei is really a practitioner of 5th rank and above.

A/n: Zu Matriarch is not a mage, she is a martial practitioner. If you are confused about their differences just comment down.

---
Xian Clan; Vermillion Manor (the main manor/ the headquarters)

Inside the Vermillion Manor, one could an old man sitting on the highest seat, he coldly swept his eyes on the people below.

On each side were the Clan elders, and the Clan's direct lineage. On the very middle, an oldman and a young lady was on their knees.

In one glance you could see that the oldman was from an influential family, as his bearings and his clothing was exceptional, but the burnt on his clothes had taken off some of his elegance. Contrary to the oldman the young lady beside him was wrapped in a full spiritual armor, as if she was out to fight someone.

"4th elder, have you been so bored that you'll fight against a cultivator way below your level? Tarnishing our Clan's name, I'm sure 4th Elder is aware of one's punishment." The Clan Head is extremely furious, he had only been away for a week! And this already happened!

If he had not finished his task earlier and visited the Imperial Palace to give out some gifts, what would have happened to his daughter?!

In the Clan Head's eyes, everyone else can go and die, as long as his daughter is safe and sound.

He then looked at his daughter, his cold eyes slightly warming up. But remembering his daughter's action, he could only sigh in disappointment.

"Shen'er... Go to the Mapple Pavillion and reflect on your actions." The Clan Head had spoiled rotten his first daughter Xian Shen Ruo.

Even though in his heart, he was clearly aware that the root of this problem is his Daughter Xian Shen Ruo, he still couldn't bear to actually punish her. And instead he felt bad for being an incompetent father, that could not even get the man of dreams of his Daughter.

Hearing this, Xian Shen Ruo harrumphed as she left the hall.

"Patriarch!!" As soon as Shen Ruo left the room, all of the elders bowed and the atmosphere turned from bad to worst.

"What have you all been doing while I was gone?!" The Clan Head's thunderous voice echoed through the room, the nearby animals run out of fear.

Everyone knows that their patriarch spoiled the first miss, which is why they supported the first miss' actions.

The whole Clan was in a mess. The Clan head was a doting father while the Clan elders feared the Clan Head. Afterall, the Clan head is one of the great powerhouse of the Dragonsvein Kingdom! An 8th rank Martial Practitioner!!

And so the Clan Head's rant started. The Clan elders could only bow in submission, but in a different angles some crafty elders had already formed their scheme to manipulate the Clan Head.

*

After leaving the Zu Clan, Rui Wei made her way towards the Lotus Restaurant. This restaurant was built just some decades ago, their main dish was a spiritual Lotus, which needed to be cultivated with spiritual power then cooked in the most complex manner.

They were currently sitting the second floor close to the stairs. This time, Rui Wei had not rented a private room to eat, as she was waiting for a good show.

Ruzi was sitting in Rui Wei's lap, as Rui Wei fed Ruzi the soup. But from time to time Rui Wei would look towards the entrance of the Restaurant. Soon a scholarly man entered, he scanned the room first, and his eyes landed on Rui Wei. After seeing Rui Wei, he made his way towards the second floor.

***

A/n: If you have some questions regarding the update today just comment down and I'll answer.

Don't forget to vote on every chapter!